Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick 2013 mock

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

2nd String

Quick 2013 mock

Since this season is frustrating

Quick Mock I'm saying we'll draft around the 10-15 ... and Mike Tomlin puts his stamp on the team and moves it to a 4-3 Team

Off season you cut all the old people even if it means mediocre year the following year, it's time to go in a new direction and i'm liking what I've been seeing from 4-3 teams ... that means cut Harrison, Cut Hampton, Cut Keisel , Cut Clark(even though he been playing good), Cut Ike (even though he 1 of my favorite players) maybe even cut Woodly (not old but when is he healthy??)

1st round- David Amerson - FS -NCS - ball hawking free safety with size to stop jump balls

2nd round- Gerald Hodges - OLB - PSU - Coming from Linebacker U, converted safety , instinctive player

3rd round- Zavier Gooden - OLB - Mizz - Physical freak , good production

4th round- Trevardo Williams - DE - Conn - New 4-3 scheme need another pass rushing DE coming off the edge , it's what he does

5th round- Blidi Wreh-Wilson - CB - Conn - 2 straight Conn players? ... but Blidi has the ability if he can stay healthy to be a higher round pick

6th round- Shamarko Thomas - S - Syracuse - Has the athletic ability, is real good in helping the run, coverage a little suspect, but he has played every position from LB, CB, S so he offers versatility to the def.

7th round- Travis Carrie - CB - Ohio -

As an Alt I would love Baccari Rambo to play opposite from Amerson on the SS , that would be a nice "Splash" play safety Unit ... but would have to probably take him in at least the 2nd and I like Hodges too
    Last edited by cbrunn; 10-15-2012 at 08:59 AM.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    All Defense
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    All Defense
    All Deffense

We've spent picks on the D line and O line over the past 3 years, time to see if they pan out ... recievers are set running backs are good (resign mendenhall) QB is good ... The team needs defense and a whole new strategy at that
    Last edited by cbrunn; 10-15-2012 at 12:35 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Id love to bring in a Vet somewhere (all-be-it a young vet not a plus 30 guy) who could actually be used right away, not some back-up or old fart... We know they will never break the bank for anyone but hey a Farrior/Bettis/Hartings (hell even another Ryan Clark type)move would be great.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Manic
    CBRUNN there is only thing they won't be switching to a4-3 and Trevardo Williams is a 3-4 olb he's fast but not big enough to play DE in a4-3 in the nfl He is 6'2" 234 reuns a4.4 40 so i ageree he would be a hell of and upgrade from Jason Worilds or Harrison Love me some wren-wilson 6'2" 200 4.32 40

P.S Unless our season goes completely in the shitter we won't have a shot at Amerson
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 10-20-2012 at 11:13 PM.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    CBRUNN there is only thing they won't be switching to a4-3 and Trevardo Williams is a 3-4 olb he's fast but not big enough to play DE in a4-3 in the nfl He is 6'2" 234 reuns a4.4 40 so i ageree he would be a hell of and upgrade from Jason Worilds or Harrison Love me some wren-wilson 6'2" 200 4.32 40

P.S Unless our season goes completely in the shitter we won't have a shot at Amerson
    I don't think switching to a 4-3 would be to much of a stretch, Tomlin came from a 4-3 team and I think that would be the system he might want to Implement after Dick Lebeau retires...

Your right Williams might be a little to small to play DE in the NFL, but he kind of switches back and forth from DE/OLB at conn. I just kind of see him in the Bruce Irvin Mold

and I agree I love Amerson, if he continues to have some bad games like he did early his stock is dropping ... there are multiple Mocks that have him in the late 1st/ early 2nd round as of now ... You just can't let that type of playmaking ability go that long on the board, so I agree he will go top 15

My Mood
    Addicted
    I WANT AMERSON !!!!!!!!!!

C-C-C-C-CHING $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

2nd String
    Let me give it another shot ...

1st round - Alex Olgletree - ILB - Georgia - Converted Safety ... In case you didn't know I love converted Safteys
    2nd round - Gerald Hodges - OLB - Penn State - Converted Safety ...
    3rd round - Baccari Rambo - FS - Georgia - Beast enough said , 1 year behind Clark would do wonders
    4th round- Duke Williams - SS - Nevada - Athletic Freak, Good Instincts, closing speed and hitter
    5th round - Mallicah Goodman - DE- Clemson ... Why not add a little DE depth? Keisel nearing the end of his career
    6th round - Anthony McCloud - DT - FSU ... Hampton finished why not add a little DT depth
    7th round - MarQueis Gray - WR - Minnesota ... only kind of WR Steelers are missing is a big guy at 6-4 250 he fits that role... he's raw and played 2 years receiver and then switched to QB now ... WR reverse Pass anybody??

I know Steelers will never draft Ogletree and Rambo because of being suspended in college but hey they took a chance on Adams right??

and no CB because they have 4 good young ones ... Lewis, Cortez, Brown , Van Dyke

Gray was actually a really highly touted QB prospect coming out of high school. He got stuck behind Adam Weber and then never really panned out...

Anyhow, he is too big to be a receiver at 245. Needs to either drop 20-25 pounds or just go to TE. Either way he will be super raw, if not rather intriguing. I'd definitely enjoy someone like that in the 7th

Hey Brun, not trying to troll here, do you think Clowney would be a good OLB in our system? If so, where do you think he would go in the draft? Late first? Im not into College football for draftees, but I like to keep and eye out for defense potential.

I like

1. Stihl
    2.Hodges
    3.Reid (Lsu)
    4.Clowney
    5.Amerson

Thread Information