Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Backup QB In This Years Draft Class!!!???!!!

Bookmark and Share
    orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland

My Social Networks

Add mcfly06 on Facebook

Backup QB In This Years Draft Class!!!???!!!

With the injury to Ben tonight i think its time we draft a back up. Not a guy in the 5,6,7th rounds. Take one a little higher some of the names i came up with are; i want you guys to let me know about any of these if we would take them or what??!! In No Order!!

1. EJ Manuel: SR; Florida State: 6'4-240. Has 2,641 passing yards with 19 Touchdowns and 5 Interceptions.

2. Tyler Bray: JR; Tennessee: 6'5-215. Has 3,216 passing yards with 29 Touchdowns and 10 Interceptions.

3. Aaron Murray: JR; Georgia: 6'1-212. Has 2,656 passing yards with 24 Touchdowns and 7 Interceptions.

4. Ryan Nassib: rSR; Syracuse: 6'2-228. Has 3,019 passing yards with 21 Touchdowns and 8 Interceptions.

5. Zac Dysert: rSR; Miami-Ohio: 6'3-228. Has 2,922 passing yards with 22 Touchdowns and 11 Interceptions.

6. Mike Glennon: rSR; North Carolina State: 6'5-232. Has 2,910 passing yards with 22 Touchdowns 13 Interceptions.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I was thinking the same thing..time to bring in our next starting QB...give him some time with Ben and by the time Ben hangs it up, we should be good to go

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    I like Bray and Nassib. Bray has a cannon arm and Nassib reminds me of a young
    Tom Brady when I watch him play.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerCountry58 View Post
    Nassib reminds me of a young
    he looks to the ref for a flag everytime he's touched? (and I'm a Michigan fan, lol)

orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland

My Social Networks

Add mcfly06 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerCountry58 View Post
    I like Bray and Nassib. Bray has a cannon arm and Nassib reminds me of a young
    Now this list is just as of now those are the guys i see that could be a good backup then a future qb for our team. But if Bray keeps it up he will be a starter i think, or might wait till next year. I wouldnt Mind Nassib tho. I just dont want us going after one in the 5th,6th,7th round you know?? time to start preparing for the future. Bc we aint going far with Byron if Ben is out long. I havent looked at the free agent list either i say Draft one this year, sign a different free agent. Make Batch a coach and just get rid of Byron after this year

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibleedblk&gld View Post
    he looks to the ref for a flag everytime he's touched? (and I'm a Michigan fan, lol)
    Haha... He looks like him,wears #12,commands the field like Tom,reads D well,strong
    armed/accurate and a leader. Hell... I like the kid. He'll go late 2nd early 3rd probably.
    This years crop of QB's isn't spectacular.

My Social Networks

Add mcfly06 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibleedblk&gld View Post
    I was thinking the same thing..time to bring in our next starting QB...give him some time with Ben and by the time Ben hangs it up, we should be good to go
    Need to start soon, but this QB class isnt that strong, but still think we can find a guy. My plan would be get rid of Batch and Byron after this year. Make Batch a coach for something, then go after a free agent not someone old either, then draft a guy that could be our future qb!!

My Mood
    Addicted
    yeah I'm tired of going through each year with batch and lefty as our backups...I like batch over lefty, but lefty has a hell of an arm, just wish he was more accurate

My Social Networks

Add mcfly06 on Facebook
    I hate his delivery he brings the ball down to like his knee haha takes wayy too long!! But there still has to be some free agents worth signing next year..

2nd String
    No Thanks ... This year is to good on the Defensive side of the ball ... QB class is meh ... so you want to spend a top 1st 2nd or 3rd round pick on a QB?? ... no thanks

Sign a veteran backup ... Ben still has like 5+ years left ... it's way to early to spend that early of a pick on a QB yet

Thread Information