View Poll Results: What kind of Steeler fan do you admit to being?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Homer - Fully trusting in the FO and Staff

4 57.14%
  • Arm-Chair GM - All of your opinions on FAs/ Team and Draft Picks are right. FO dont have a clue

3 42.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What kind of Steeler fan do you admit to being?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel

What kind of Steeler fan do you admit to being?

Going along with the Never Happy vs Expecting Excellence... What kind of Steeler fan do you admit to being?

Homer of Arm-Chair GM?

*half-hearted... have some fun with this
    Last edited by Zachintosh66; 10-15-2012 at 06:34 PM.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Arm Chair.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If we're going by those 2 options then I'm definitely an arm chair. I've always been that way. I trust the Rooney's, their track record is amazing but I question the coaches more and the front office with draft picks that don't pan out or systems that aren't always working the way they used too.

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    I bleed Black and Gold but I can also tell you, unlike a homer, where the Steelers are weak. I can look at a season and the competition and see the Steelers having to get some good fortune to win the division. And sometimes I see no reason why we should lose a game. It seldom works out the way I see it but then again, the best prognosticators in the world do well to get it right half the time

I used to be a competitive golfer and a golf philosopher once said that "golf is 90% mental and when you get that figured out you'll have half the game licked".

It's like that!
    Who will be Todd Haley's first victim on national TV ...... and when?

I would say more of a homer for sure.

It's sort of like the stock market though. Mostly I leave that up to the professionals who spend 60 or 70 hours a week studying that. But there's still a small bit of money I use to choose the company. I like to do it because it's fun.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

These people are in the business for a reason. Sure I feel differently about decisions because I've done some research on the draft, play schemes etc. but this their job, the FO and staff have been successful for years, and have been around the game all their lives. Hindsight is 20/20 so of course our opinions seems better than theirs, but any fool should be able to admit they don't know as much as the FO

Another poll thread. Im a homer. I dont always think the FO does the right thing but I think they know more than we do. I as a fan can tell where the team needs help and maybe who they can think of going after. Im not going to go against the FO. The team is just going through a little transition right now but should be fine within the next year if we can "stay healthy"

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Arm Chair
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I think I'm in my own category.......lol I have players that I will always support and never be to critical....Then I have players that I just flat out don't like and will always bash them.....lol

Veteran
    My Mood
    Blah
    Neither of those two suit me. I don't accept everything they do, and I don't think everything I say is always right. I do, however, have different opinions on how things should operate. For example, getting the young guys playing time (Heyward should see 50% of the plays; 25% from Ziggy, 25% from Brett). Going after strategic free agents (e.g., Farrior and Clark). Roster management (I would have cut Hampton this past off season, but otherwise I thought they did a good job releasing the older players). Things like that.

Thread Information