Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huge Opportunity for the Steelers to get back in this AFC North race starts this weekend...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Huge Opportunity for the Steelers to get back in this AFC North race starts this weekend...

The Steelers despite their horrific 2-3 start with terrible losses to both the Raiders and Titans still now have a tremendous opportunity ahead of them starting this weekend to get right back in this division race by beating the Bengals and jumping ahead of them in the standings by a 1/2 game with a head to head win, and the Ravens with all their huge injuries to guys like Lewis and Webb having to go into Houston this weekend and play a pissed off Texans team who just got smacked around by the Packers at home last night. Both the Bengals and Ravens have their bye weeks next Sunday on October 28th which simply means this.

If the Steelers win the next 2 games at Cincy and at home against the Redskins they will push their record to 4-3 and assuming the Ravens lose in Houston on Sunday which I definitely believe they will do they will be 5-2 going into their bye week which means the Steelers would have a chance to pull within 1 full game of the Ravens with still 2 games left to play against them going into November, and they would also be 1 full game up on Cincy who would be 3-4 with a head to head loss to the Steelers. This is it right here right now this week. This is the Steelers opportunity to get back into this race this weekend. The schedule the next 2 weeks finally favors the Steelers in a big big way and they absolutely MUST take full advantage of this on the heels of all these Ravens injuries.

I have them going on a 4 game win streak. Call me crazy, but I think something good is about to happen.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Okay..I"ll call you crazy then.

Because looking at the pathetic Broncos against the Chargers tonite is just more proof of how bad the defense is. The defense doesn't cause any turnovers and makes ordinary WR's look like Jerry Rice.

The Bengals game is a toss up.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Because looking at the pathetic Broncos against the Chargers tonite is just more proof of how bad the defense is.
    Whoops...

Most incrediable game I've seen in a while. What a super choke job. But still, in the first half, the Broncos were pathetic. Rivers helped the Broncos back in with his pick TD's and fumble/TD.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Most incrediable game I've seen in a while. What a super choke job. But still, in the first half, the Broncos were pathetic. Rivers helped the Broncos back in with his pick TD's and fumble/TD.
    Your crazy, that defense looked pretty good there 2nd half. Its ok you can take it back

No need to take it back. Go look at the Broncos defensive stats before this game. That's called a "choke job".

Losing Vincent Jackson has really hindered Rivers because he has no chemistry with Meachum or Royal.

Bye bye Norv. Their getting your bon voyage package together as we speak.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I said for years that Philip Rivers is the biggest fraud in the NFL.....So over-rated....Just think as of two years ago many still thought Rivers was the best of the 2004 draft class.....lol I'm so glad Eli threw his fit and didn't want to play for San Diego.....That allowed for the trade between the Chargers and Giants.....The Giants had Eli 1 A and Big Ben 1 B.........Eli plays for San Diego then the Giants would have drafted Ben no doubt......

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Before anybody chimes and say well Rivers would have won a Super Bowl with the Steelers defense....That makes me laugh since Rivers would have still had to play behind the Steelers OL....Rivers doesn't extends plays at all and really he is so quick to throw the ball into the ground as soon as a play is busted.....We all know the Steelers have needed Ben to extend plays from time to time....Plus Rivers wouldn't have enjoyed a Gates in his prime or those tree of WR's that he had for so long in San Diego.......

Thread Information