Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: tomlin needs to put his stamp on this team.

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Just to fuel the inferno......how about a list of all the remaining players on the team who were drafted by BC.....then we can talk about what the team would be without them
    How about they just make a list of BC players from superbowl 43 when we beat the Cards. People say that when BC retired it was an 8-8 team. It was a pretty damn good solid team though. It wasnt like MT picked up some scrub team like the Lions back then or something and turned them into contenders.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Really? Pouncey is only good because of Ben? Pretty sure it's the other way around. Brown and Wallace are only good because of Ben? Okay...that makes a ton of sense. They'd probably be **** if they played for any other team, right?
    Ben was winning championships before Pouncey, Wallace and Brown. To say that Ben is good because of Pouncey is ludicrous, ignorant, and quite a bit of revisionist history to boot.

Wallace and Brown are good because Ben is a good QB (one of the tops in the league). Yes, if they played for another team, say the Jets, they'd be much worse off.
    Last edited by Nolrog; 10-14-2012 at 01:17 PM.

tomlin needs to put his stamp on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Ben was winning championships before Pouncey, Wallace and Brown. To say that Ben is good because of Pouncey is ludicrous.
    Yeppers!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted
    Ben was winning championships before Pouncey, Wallace and Brown. To say that Ben is good because of Pouncey is ludicrous, ignorant, and quite a bit of revisionist history to boot.
    Is it? Ben had a really great game when Legursky started snapping him the ball, didn't he?

Veteran
    Is it? Ben had a really great game when Legursky started snapping him the ball, didn't he?
    If you're referring to the Super Bowl against Green Bay, the Steelers didn't lose because Legs was the center, they lost because they kept turning the ball over. If Mendenhall doesn't fumble, they likely go on to win the game.

Ben did have a heck of a game in the previous Super Bowl, with an offensive line far worse than that. Could have been the MVP in that game, if not for Holmes' heroics.

My Mood
    Addicted
    If you're referring to the Super Bowl against Green Bay, the Steelers didn't lose because Legs was the center, they lost because they kept turning the ball over. If Mendenhall doesn't fumble, they likely go on to win the game.

Ben did have a heck of a game in the previous Super Bowl, with an offensive line far worse than that. Could have been the MVP in that game, if not for Holmes' heroics.
    I was referring to Thursday. To say he's just as good of a player with Legursky in as Pouncey is the ludicrous part.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Wow this thread is entertaining....lol I really don't buy into the theory of Tomlin winning with Cowher's players....But at the same time I'm not really happy with Tomlin at all.....This team continues to look very unprepared on the road and really the Steelers are an undisciplined football team...Reflections of the HC and all we get from Mikey T is witty cliches....lol

As for the whole offensive line argument....The whole entire offense is better when the starting unit stays intact......Trouble is the Steelers will never keep the whole entire starting unit intact......Pouncey and Gilbert are hurt all the time.....What is it with offensive lineman from Florida?.......lol

Draft Pick
    My Mood
    Ornery
    I'd be happy to just never hear the phrase " we tip our caps to those guys" again or see it in print from the HC. Instead, take the cap off and get some discipline reinforced to start getting rid of penalties.
    Gumbands

tomlin needs to put his stamp on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Omicron View Post
    I'd be happy to just never hear the phrase " we tip our caps to those guys" again or see it in print from the HC. Instead, take the cap off and get some discipline reinforced to start getting rid of penalties.
    I'd just be happy to see a team play fired up, this team took on Tomlin's personality.. I hate it!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Veteran
    I was referring to Thursday. To say he's just as good of a player with Legursky in as Pouncey is the ludicrous part.
    I guess he must have had a horrible game then, huh? Shall we check the stats? Yes, we shall.

Ben was 24/40, 363 yards, 1TD, 1 INT. But since Pouncey was out, I guess he was sacked a lot, huh? Well, no. Sacked once for a 7 yard loss. So, where is the Ben is no good without Pouncey part? Because it sure doesn't show up in the stats, and didn't show up in the three Super Bowls Ben played in without him.

Thread Information