Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Before we want to commit suicide.....

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    2nd String
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    506

    Before we want to commit suicide.....

    ...we need to consider the massive amount of injuries going on, both before this game and during it.


    Polamalu - pro bowl S
    Woodley - probowl LB
    Mundy - meaning they were on 3rd string to start game
    Will Allen - meaning they had to go to FOURTH STRINGER at S
    Mendenhall - only RB worth crap, done for the year
    DeCastro - 1st round pick who was supposed to dominate
    Pouncy - probowl center and team leader
    Redman - back up RB, already missing our starter.
    Foster - back up OG, already replacing DeCastro
    Gilbert - starting RT

    Am I missing some? Feels like I am. It's just not our year, fellas. Is there something this team is doing - or not doing - to create so many injuries? Why does it feel like we have so much more injuries than other teams, on average. It is REALLY bad this year. And, I WILL NOT spend another season seeing Troy on the sidelines in civie clothes - as they show him like 10 times a game and I am sick of it. If he is still on this team, and hurt, next season, I literally may not watch the games anymore.

  2. #2
    2nd String BubbyBlister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    643
    After this post I decided to jump off the Tallahatchie Bridge. Not our year okay must not be the Packers year either and etc. It's still early. Anyhow sad for anyone if you have to live and breath Steeler football just being a fan. Also half these prime time games are fixed to a point and predict a Steeler win on prime time next week.

  3. #3
    2nd String BubbyBlister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    643
    I jumped into the water but Arron Rodges jump in after me to save me and he must be my guarding angel Clarence.

  4. #4
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    No, I'm tired of the injuries being an excuse. Injuries didn't make Keenan Lewis drop that interception. Injuries didn't make Ike Taylor play like crap. Injuries didn't make Ben throw that pass to AB that was intercepted (they got greedy to quickly). If anyone of those things doesn't happen, we probably win this game.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,873
    Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    Mendenhall - only RB worth crap, done for the year
    Done for the year? I haven't seen any information on ESPN, on this site on another Steelers site I'm not allowed to mention or on Ed Bouchette's twitter. Source?

  6. #6
    2nd String
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    No, I'm tired of the injuries being an excuse. Injuries didn't make Keenan Lewis drop that interception. Injuries didn't make Ike Taylor play like crap. Injuries didn't make Ben throw that pass to AB that was intercepted (they got greedy to quickly). If anyone of those things doesn't happen, we probably win this game.
    Are you sure? Troy being on the field makes Ike much better - as he is less isolated and might have help from a streaking Polamalu coming across the field. Troy makes up for Lewis dropping the ball, as TP would catch a few if he was out there. With Troy, Woodley on the field, guess what? Ben doesn't have to score as much, or throw as much, in general. It's a chain link fence - everything is connected and impacts each other. If you don't think us being down to our FOURTH STRING at OT, running back and safety, I don't know what to tell you.

  7. #7
    2nd String
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Done for the year? I haven't seen any information on ESPN, on this site on another Steelers site I'm not allowed to mention or on Ed Bouchette's twitter. Source?
    I thought some might take issue with this. I heard it's an Achilles, and last I knew, and Achilles Tendon injury is usually season-ending. Can an AT be just a strain or pull? I think that's possible but not likely. If it's just strained, then he could be back. If there is any kind of tear or rupture, he is toast.

  8. #8
    2nd String
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbyBlister View Post
    After this post I decided to jump off the Tallahatchie Bridge. Not our year okay must not be the Packers year either and etc. It's still early. Anyhow sad for anyone if you have to live and breath Steeler football just being a fan. Also half these prime time games are fixed to a point and predict a Steeler win on prime time next week.
    Yea, games are fixed, but not all. Packers are off kilter, and yes, it's a matter of getting hot as December draws in, if you are in striking distance, i.e. the last two Giants Super Bowl wins, and Packers 2 years ago. Timing is everything. So the Packers are still in it, as of now. But do the Packers have this level of injuries? Are they down to their fourth string in 3 difference units?

    Polamalu - pro bowl S
    Woodley - probowl LB
    Mundy - meaning they were on 3rd string to start game
    Will Allen - meaning they had to go to FOURTH STRINGER at S
    Mendenhall - only RB worth crap, done for the year
    DeCastro - 1st round pick who was supposed to dominate
    Pouncy - probowl center and team leader
    Redman - back up RB, already missing our starter.
    Foster - back up OG, already replacing DeCastro
    Gilbert - starting RT

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,873
    Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    I thought some might take issue with this. I heard it's an Achilles, and last I knew, and Achilles Tendon injury is usually season-ending. Can an AT be just a strain or pull? I think that's possible but not likely. If it's just strained, then he could be back. If there is any kind of tear or rupture, he is toast.
    Depends on the injury. If it's a tear, then he's done for the year. There are lesser injuries of the achilles though.

  10. #10
    2nd String
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Depends on the injury. If it's a tear, then he's done for the year. There are lesser injuries of the achilles though.
    I looked around, other degrees of AT injuries are possible, but not typical. Once you saying AT, you are usually talking about bad news.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Suicide Wings
    By SteelersfaninPhilly in forum Sides & Tailgate Food
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-14-2007, 11:07 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •