Thread: Game against the Bengals next week is pretty much another MUST WIN...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Game against the Bengals next week is pretty much another MUST WIN...

Now we can start saying this pretty much every week now if the Steelers keep doing what they are doing but I am going to look at this realistically in terms of who the Steelers are going to have to hold off and overtake in the AFC at this point to still make playoffs. I have six teams right now the Texans,Ravens,Patriots,either the Broncos or Chargers whichever one doesnt win the AFC West and the Bengals. I dont think anybody else in the AFC including the two teams the Steelers already lost too in the Titans and Raiders have any chance at the playoffs. So when you look at that right there we are going to play the Bengals 2 more times home and away and the Chargers here at home in December.

The Steelers pretty much have to start winning games in within the conference if they want to still make the playoffs. Looking at the next 4 games before we play the Ravens on November 18th the Steelers play at the Bengals,home against the Redskins,at the Giants and home against the Chiefs. The Steelers really need to go 3-1 in this stretch and they basically need to win both of the games they have in the AFC in that stretch against both the Bengals and Chiefs and get their conference record back to 3-3. Now you never want to lose a game period but if youre going to drop one in this next stretch of games that I just mentioned it better be to either the Giants or Redskins so this way it doesnt count as another AFC loss. Because right now these conference losses on the road to Denver,Oakland,and Tenn are going to be absolute killers down the stretch here if we dont start winning conference games and start winning them next week in Cincinnati against the Bengals.

Realistically if the Steelers can go 3-1 in this next stretch of 4 games I just mentioned before Baltimore and have their only loss in that stretch be to the Giants and get their overall record back to 5-4 and 3-3 in the conference going into the Baltimore game they will still have a great shot at the playoffs and still even have a shot at the division since they are going to play the Ravens 2 more times and anything can happen in those games as we all know. But that will be all but gone if you lose to the Bengals next week and lose another game in the conference and fall to 1-4 and lose another tiebraker to a team you are going to have to fight off to get to the playoffs. The Steelers MUST MUST beat the Bengals because if they dont I know I said the other day if they lost to the Titans they were not going to make the playoffs,but if they would dare drop this game to the Bengals who are in this division and who they are going to need to overtake and have a tiebraker over if they want to make the playoffs they pretty much would have to win something like 8 or 9 of their last 10 games to get in the playoffs and at this point that realistically is just not going to happen...
    Last edited by Troyisabeast_43; 10-13-2012 at 08:50 AM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I was waiting for this thread to go up at somepoint before the Bengals game man, nobody breaks it down like you every year.

Before anyone starts jumping up and down about "Playoffs, what are you kidding me, Playoffs"? , Troy has been doing this stuff for years and it's uncanny how often his predictions come true. While the playoffs are a long way away yet no matter what our record is, the most important right now is to just get a win and then string a few together and get on a roll. This win one lose one scenario isn't going to cut it.

Yeah maybe we don't make the post season this year, who knows, but all I want is to see this team win a game in convincing fashion and start beating the teams we're supposed to.

My Mood
    Asleep
    I can't get past the fact we lost to the Raiders and Titans. If the Steelers can't beat them on the road who can they beat?

My Mood
    patriots-hater
    Also been waiting for this thread....what Steelers desperately need is a win streak of at least two games..and they need it NOW!
    I saw a book title today THAT SAYS IT ALL: TOMORROW IS TOO LATE.
    STEELSPIKES

Let me make this as simple as possible. The Steelers already have 3 losses. It's looking like the Ravens could win 12 games this year with somewhat ease. They also have the Bengals between them.

0-3 on the road proves this team would have to find a way to win the division or else they can expect to lose in the playoffs.

We better see a change and quick. Lose to the Bengals this week and you can write off the division. You'll also have 4 conference losses before the halfway point.

The writing is on the wall.
    Host of Power Pregame and Panther Primer on TribLive Radio
    Contributing Writer for Pittsburgh Sporting News
    Owner of "The Voice Says...." Blog
    Follow me on Twitter: @SteelCityVoice
    "Like" My Sports Page on Facebook

I am still shocked we lost to the Titans, but we have to move on at some point. We have to win next Sunday!
    What about the injuries, especially Woodley and Pouncey. Any statement from Tomlin the clapper?
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    I am still shocked we lost to the Titans, but we have to move on at some point. We have to win next Sunday!
    What about the injuries, especially Woodley and Pouncey. Any statement from Tomlin the clapper?
    Woodley said he'd be good to go and Pouncey's injury isn't serious. He should be good to go as well.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    No doubt about it, the Steelers are not back in desperate mode the same as they were against the Eagles only now it's worse. Lose this game and things get seriously ugly as you guys mentioned. Win this game and mathematically the playoffs are within reach if we get on a roll.

4 conference losses before the halfway mark of the season would be disastrous; from here on out it's win or go home.

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    I am still frustrated and shocked as well that we lost to the Titans but like you said we need to move on now and get over this loss. You cant take it back and go back and change it, the Steelers need to focus on what they can control and that is starting next weekend in Cincy finding a way to win a stinkin road game and start putting together a winning streak of some sort. We will see what happens today as well with the Browns playing the Bengals and the Ravens playing Dallas. Hopefully the Steelers can catch a break and get some more help in at least one of those games. The Steelers cannot afford to keep falling more games behind the Ravens and even the Bengals at this point. They need to win that game next week in Cincy or their chances of winning this division are going to be all but gone...

My Mood
    Addicted
    They are all must wins now. We need a good old fashioned 8 or 9 game win streak.

Winning the North is about the only way I see a playoff in their future. I don't think a wildcard is realistic.

Thread Information