Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One positive tonight - Heath Miller and Big Ben

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

One positive tonight - Heath Miller and Big Ben

As I write this here, at about 12:30am both tired and still pissed off at this loss I have to think how much worse we'd be if we didn't have Heath Miller on this team. I know, how much worse can it get...

He's the only guy that always catches the ball, always makes the first down, and always finds a way to keep drives going.

Ben was hardly perfect tonight either, overshooting Wallace in the endzone, firing one to Miller in the corner when he had no business doing so in that tight coverage, and over shooting Sanders on a big 3rd down late in the game.

However, If there are 2 MVP's in the Steelers whopping 2 wins so far this year it's Heath who is now 3rd all time in catches and Big Ben who took over Terry Bradshaw's career passing yards record.

Ok that's about all the happiness I can do for tonight...

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Considering once again Ben was being protected by musical chair OL thanks to injuries its hard to imagine Ben to keep pulling this team from the jaws of defeat which he did give the Steelers a 23-16 lead in the 4th........really with a patch work offense......The defense and Tomlin deciding to kick a 54 yard field goal lost this game.......

Waterboy
    1 more positive, we are in the running for the top draft pick, we trade down to get multiple picks from the Vikings GM (Hershel Walker) and draft a whole new O-line, D-line, Secondary and play for another 25 year drought from the Super Bowl. When half your team is injured it is either the conditioning coach, AGE, or geriatrics. F*@#ing Pist......

Veteran
    Ah who cares. There are no moral victories in a loss.

Thinking about Ben just makes me mad because I feel like we are wasting his "prime". He's playing great this year and has nothing to show for it (I know, the stat records are sweet, but...)
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    isnt that 2 positives, lol
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I tried my damndest last night to find something positive in this game to cheer about. If Ben didn't set that record and if Heath wasn't as awesome as he is there would be nothing left. That's all I got.

After sleeping on it, I'm proud as hell of Heath Miller, always has been underrated in the league but maybe now everybody else is seeing what we've known for years.

As for Ben, sooner or later he's going to snap and start kicking his own offensive line right in the ***. He deserves better than this never ending musical chairs situation. Oh wait, maybe we shouldn't be quite as mad, after all they did manage to stay together for 4 games this year before it all went to hell in a handbasket again.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Heath is having a phenomenal year so far. Love watching him play. I love that Todd Haley is actually working him into the game plan more..finally.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I hate to say this. Because I've never said it before.

But I think it's time for a total coaching/GM overhaul. Every phase of this team is a failure. Special Teams, trainers and conditioners of the players, talent evaluation, no use of free agency, defensive philosophy, just everything.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

One positive tonight - Heath Miller and Big Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I hate to say this. Because I've never said it before.

But I think it's time for a total coaching/GM overhaul. Every phase of this team is a failure. Special Teams, trainers and conditioners of the players, talent evaluation, no use of free agency, defensive philosophy, just everything.
    This!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information