Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Give me a breatk. After 5 games, Steelers fans ready to fire Tomlin

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    And who is the talent evaluator of those tackles? Who is the talent evaluator of those sorry cornerbacks in the secondary? Who evaluated Ziggy Hood to be taken where he was taken in the draft?
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    This team excluding Ben and a few others (offense) is heading for stardom as one of the worst. I don't think they like MT all that much. It is reflected in their play, slovenly at best (defense). Injuries of the magnitude afflicting the team are an indication of not enough pre-season conditioning or not enough individual self motivation to keep in shape.

I can't go on. You fn suck team and you obviously don't care. IMO. Tomlin and his weak to complete incomprehensible response for the media. WTF.
    Last edited by RIVERS OF STEEL; 10-12-2012 at 11:36 AM.

And their fans.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Mike Tomlin is not going anywhere. As much as he has lost this team this season, he will be back. LeBeau however, I am finally convinced will be gone. It is way past time now.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The players deserve as much as anyone; how Keenan Lewis drops that INT is beyond me. How Ike Taylor continues to get burnt, why McLendon and Heyward aren't getting more reps, the players are responsible yes but excusing either Tomlin or Lebeau is just ridiculous.

I don't give a pass to Kugler anymore either, nobody gets a pass and everything should be questioned. It's not like this is the first year we've had player conditioning issues. It's not like our DB's never drop an interception or the DL can't get pressure. It's gameplan and players. Motivation only seems to go so far because when push comes to shove in the 4th quarter with the game on the line, we get shoved.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    You put another head coach on this team, and they can easily do better than Tomlin. You put another defensive coordinator in charge of this defense and they'll end up with the same or worse results as LeBeau. If you can't see how bad personnel is on defense, then your anger over this team sucking has clouded your judgement. There were literally two interceptions thrown to our defense and both were dropped. One of them came on the final play. This is not a league where a defense can shut out teams without getting turnovers. And bad teams always have breakout games. The Browns put up 20 on the Giants before the second half. It happens.

Cowher had the offensive line to sustain drives because he knew how to maintain a good offensive line. Tomlin likes to take people from the stands to protect the quarterback and pave the way for the run game.
    Keep making excuses for LeBeau.....But how can you defense the type of game he called against the Titans......He let Hasselbeck own his defense last night...I have stated many times that I'm tired of Tomlin but LeBeau needs to go as well......

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Kurt Warner was a backup that got released. He was at the end if his career. That Arizona team was slated to do squat and he took them to the Superbowl and almost won. Give him Roethlisberger and he would win that division every season without any problems.
    Kurt Warner was the main reason the Cards almost won the Super Bowl.....Look at Whisenhunt as soon as Warner retired....The Cards are off to a nice start this year but I bet they don't make the play-offs....Don't act like Whisenhunt is the 2nd coming of Bill Walsh.....lol Yea give Whiz, Roethlisberger since they were a perfect fit together.....Ben didn't even like Whiz....lol

2nd String
    Mike Tomlin is responsible for Dick putting James Harrison man to man vs an athletic TE ???

Yes Ike had a bad game ... but he did tip the ball that scored , he just miss played it and didn't get enough of it

Tomlin fault for Lewis dropping an INT to seal the game???

Tomlin fault for Colbert spotty draft in past years???

Tomlin fault the Oline is the softest in the league??? (which they now have spent 2 1st round and 2 2nd round picks on in past what 3 drafts)

Yes Tomlin fault they went for 54 yrd field goal... but he hit the 52 yrd with some room so I can see why he tried it ... I don't agree with the call but I can see why he tried it

All I'm saying is yes Coaches deserve some blame... but all in all they put the PLAYERS in POSITION to win that game, the PLAYERS just didn't perform

LOL some people in here..
    "It's all Tomlin's fault, he's the reason we lose and when we win its not because of him, its our talent"....give me a break

"He's been terrible since he was hired"...He's 62-31 with a Super Bowl. Cut him some slack

Starter
    didnt lewis drop a easy pick against the raiders a year ago that would have sealed a victory too?

my gosh, not just right in his hands, not just between the freakin numbers....anyone's grandma could have had that one....and sealed the win......AGAIN.

Draft Pick
    It's about time for Mr. Rooney to clean house. I was one of the people waiting for "one for the thumb in '81" when it all went pear shaped in a hurry. I see a lot of similarities in what is going on now compared to what happened then. The brilliant all star defense got old in a hurry and it was all downhill after that.I thought Tomlin looked like a deer in the headlights there near the end of the game. I also think the inmates are running the asylum now with a lack of discipline and player accountability for repeated penalties and mistakes.Most penalized team in the league, yikes!.

Thread Information