Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49

Thread: Give me a breatk. After 5 games, Steelers fans ready to fire Tomlin

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #21
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    12,977
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    LeBeau's defense, like most in the league require long periods of rest in order to be successful. It's the offense's job to sustain long offensive drives in order to provide that rest to the defense. Cowher understood that and ran his offense accordingly. Tomlin is completely incapable of such offensive drives throughout the course of the game. He scores quick, sits on his a$$, and really doesn't try to sustain any offensive drives until he's forced to score again.

    This is a passing league now. Secondaries can barely breath the same air as receivers without being called for a penalty. Aside from Roethlisberger's interception and the blocked punt, the Titans scored only 16.

    Also throw in the fact that our secondary should've came away with two easy interceptions, but the personnel just isn't there. Throw in the fact that Ike Taylor is still on this team and I actually feel bad for LeBeau.
    Cowher had an offensive line that could dominate the line of scrimmage.....Big difference....All I'm saying you're quick to bash Tomlin and rightfully so.....But the old man needs to get bashed as well.....He called a joke of a game once again tonight and let a sorry washed up QB own his defense tonight...Go ahead and make excuses all you want for LeBeau,
    I really don't care how many points the defense gave up....In key spots when they needed to hold the lead the defense failed yet again....

  2. #22
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    12,977
    My Mood
    Mad
    I agree Tomlin needs go but now saying Whisenhunt should have been HC is comical........Yea Whiz sure has done much as HC without Kurt Warner.....lol Sure the Cards are off to a nice start this year but they won't last........Cards won't even make the play-offs.......

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Cowher had an offensive line that could dominate the line of scrimmage.....Big difference....All I'm saying you're quick to bash Tomlin and rightfully so.....But the old man needs to get bashed as well.....He called a joke of a game once again tonight and let a sorry washed up QB own his defense tonight...Go ahead and make excuses all you want for LeBeau,
    I really don't care how many points the defense gave up....In key spots when they needed to hold the lead the defense failed yet again....
    You put another head coach on this team, and they can easily do better than Tomlin. You put another defensive coordinator in charge of this defense and they'll end up with the same or worse results as LeBeau. If you can't see how bad personnel is on defense, then your anger over this team sucking has clouded your judgement. There were literally two interceptions thrown to our defense and both were dropped. One of them came on the final play. This is not a league where a defense can shut out teams without getting turnovers. And bad teams always have breakout games. The Browns put up 20 on the Giants before the second half. It happens.

    Cowher had the offensive line to sustain drives because he knew how to maintain a good offensive line. Tomlin likes to take people from the stands to protect the quarterback and pave the way for the run game.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I agree Tomlin needs go but now saying Whisenhunt should have been HC is comical........Yea Whiz sure has done much as HC without Kurt Warner.....lol Sure the Cards are off to a nice start this year but they won't last........Cards won't even make the play-offs.......
    Kurt Warner was a backup that got released. He was at the end if his career. That Arizona team was slated to do squat and he took them to the Superbowl and almost won. Give him Roethlisberger and he would win that division every season without any problems.

  5. #25
    Starter SnakeEyes43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South Bend, IN
    Posts
    1,320
    They won't fire Tomlin, I don't care if we go 2-14. He'll be here next year.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

  6. #26
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, California
    Posts
    5,418
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    You put another head coach on this team, and they can easily do better than Tomlin. You put another defensive coordinator in charge of this defense and they'll end up with the same or worse results as LeBeau. If you can't see how bad personnel is on defense, then your anger over this team sucking has clouded your judgement. There were literally two interceptions thrown to our defense and both were dropped. One of them came on the final play. This is not a league where a defense can shut out teams without getting turnovers. And bad teams always have breakout games. The Browns put up 20 on the Giants before the second half. It happens.

    Cowher had the offensive line to sustain drives because he knew how to maintain a good offensive line. Tomlin likes to take people from the stands to protect the quarterback and pave the way for the run game.
    Again...........WE NEED TO START TALKING ABOUT HOW COLBERT HAS FAILED US AS WELL AS LE BEAU AND TOMLIN!

    No one is mentioning that the lack of talent, and lack of using free agency falls squarly on the doorstep of Colbert. You can argue that he's more responsible then Le Beau OR Tomlin because the talent evaluation has been horrible. Look at those stiffs in the secondary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who drafted those guys??????
    Last edited by Real Deal Steel; 10-12-2012 at 10:59 AM.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  7. #27
    steelersbabex25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    College Park, MD
    Posts
    12,055
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Again...........WE NEED TO START TALKING ABOUT HOW KOLBERT HAS FAILED US AS WELL AS LE BEAU AND TOMLIN!

    No one is mentioning that the lack of talent, and lack of using free agency falls squarly on the doorstep of Kolbert. You can argue that he's more responsible then Le Beau OR Tomlin because the talent evaluation has been horrible. Look at those stiffs in the secondary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who drafted those guys??????
    Sorry...it's Colbert. Not Kolbert.

    That's been bothering me.

  8. #28
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4
    Inexperienced players????? Who??? They're all OLD and washed out in D. We're a very lousy and aging team, period. 7-9 at best.

  9. #29
    Draft Pick BLACKandGOLD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Edinboro, PA
    Posts
    203
    My Mood
    Frustrated
    Listen, cut the guy a break. Tomlin is an awesome coach and motivator. It just comes down to these guys not executing on the field. Tomlin is the least of our worries right now.

  10. #30
    Waterboy TheTittsburghFeelers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    18
    1st post so feel free to chop my head off. Have watched every Steelers game the last 5 years and am a big fan. I have never questioned Tomlin until this year. The players love to go to battle for Tomlin, but the penalties and attitudes have to be attributed to his coaching. I feel like Tomlin has gotten softer, but I am not in the locker room or on the practice field. The biggest problem I see is the line of scrimmage on each side of the ball. Pouncey and DeCastro make for a great start on the O-Line, but Starks and Gilbert are sub-par tackles. The defensive line may be worse. They create zero pressure. Ziggy Hood wouldn't start for another team in the league. Hampton has too much mileage and Keisel isn't far behind. Hopefully Heyward is going to be a player. It certainly doesn't help that Ike can not cover a guy without holding a single play. I haven't lost all hope for this year yet.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Steelers should give Tomlin a new deal
    By 75Steeler in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 03:15 PM
  2. Tomlin gets Steelers mentally ready for Sat.
    By Stlrs4Life in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-03-2008, 09:35 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 01:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •