Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Give me a breatk. After 5 games, Steelers fans ready to fire Tomlin

Bookmark and Share
    He's a pretty poor gameday coach, if you can be honest with yourself...maybe you can't. His team looks pathetic, his top picks haven't panned out, and then he holds on to vets too long, making his picks suffer even more. Tomlin did well with Cowhers team; Tomlin's team (the one that is starting to rear it's ugly head now) is just an embarrassing and pathetic excuse of a Steelers team.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Are you 12 years old? Or is there something else wrong? He's picked all these "glass" players and he's sucked every year since he was hired. Roethlisberger won the Superbowl on a game-winning drive and an insane catch by Holmes, otherwise Tomlin had lost that game as well.
    Ok I'm not impressed with Tomlin these days either but the defense and the great Dick LeBeau is to blame for blowing that double digit lead against the Cards in the Super Bowl XLIII.......

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Are we still NOT going to use free agency next season to fix some things on this team??????????????????????
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Dick Lebeau has to go. How many defensive debacles will it take for them to relieve him of his duties? We lost to the stinkin Raiders and Titans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We made Kenny Wright...a half *** rookie WR look like a stud!!!
    I have said for years that the old man needs to go.....LeBeau should have retired after Super Bowl XLIII......

My Mood
    Clowns
    The team in my opinion is thugged out and it's a reflection of the head coach. I mean look at all the penalties and hits to the head game after game at key points in the game. Tomlin aside from his Super Bowl appearance in 2010 if things continue to go as they look right now this season is going to be looking at 3 out of 4 pretty bad seasons by Steelers standards. He missed the playoffs in 2009,he went out in the 1st round to a medicore Tebow team last year in Denver and this season he is heading toward not even making the playoffs. I mean these conference losses to Oakland and Tenn and even the Broncos are absolutely devistating and is what will ultimately keep them out of the playoffs at seasons end. Im not saying Tomlin should be fired but Ill say this much his coaching has been sub-par at best the last few seasons and he is not going to last as long as a Noll or a Bill Cowher going down the road he is now. He desperately needs to address this penalty situation period it's just completely and totally inexcusable at this point and it's all Mike Tomlin's fault period because he continually does nothing to fix it week in and week out....

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I agree. For the first time, even I admit that I don't see Tomlin being here for too much longer. Not at this rate.

But when is Kolbert also going to be held accountable for this lack of talent?? Especially in the secondary?
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

I was always a Whisenhunt fan, man I wonder how his coaching career would have been here?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Ok I'm not impressed with Tomlin these days either but the defense and the great Dick LeBeau is to blame for blowing that double digit lead against the Cards in the Super Bowl XLIII.......
    LeBeau's defense, like most in the league require long periods of rest in order to be successful. It's the offense's job to sustain long offensive drives in order to provide that rest to the defense. Cowher understood that and ran his offense accordingly. Tomlin is completely incapable of such offensive drives throughout the course of the game. He scores quick, sits on his a$$, and really doesn't try to sustain any offensive drives until he's forced to score again.

This is a passing league now. Secondaries can barely breath the same air as receivers without being called for a penalty. Aside from Roethlisberger's interception and the blocked punt, the Titans scored only 16.

Also throw in the fact that our secondary should've came away with two easy interceptions, but the personnel just isn't there. Throw in the fact that Ike Taylor is still on this team and I actually feel bad for LeBeau.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    I was always a Whisenhunt fan, man I wonder how his coaching career would have been here?
    The job should've been his. It was a no brainer.

Warren, OH. It's about a hour & 45 minutes NW from the Burgh.
    Well, I haven't been on here for awhile, but I had to go somewhere people can feel my pain. I didn't think Tomlin should of went for that kick. Even though Suisham made a fifty-two yarder earlier, a fifty-four yarder is by no means a gimme. You have to pin them deep in that situation. I just don't get it. This is not looking good, it's like 2009 all over again.

Thread Information