Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I believe the game tonight will define this team

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Woot

I believe the game tonight will define this team

This game tonight will tell us exactly what kind of team the Steelers are and what kind of season it will be the rest of the year. Lose this game tonight after the Raiders debacle and I can almost certainly say without a doubt the Steelers are not a playoff team. A double digit win tonight against arguable the worst team in the NFL will be a positive step in the right direction for the remainder of the season. Anything short of a double digit win is a tell tell sign of a team that is not ready to hang with the big dogs. Stay tuned folks.

My Mood
    Mellow
    It goes beyond the margin of victory. Last year the steelers beat the Seahawks 21-0 and I thought they looked like **** doing it.

The steelers have to play well...score TDs not FGs...get off the field on third downs regularly...and be more disciplined in the penalty department.

That's what will tell the season, not just the final score
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    Woot
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    It goes beyond the margin of victory. Last year the steelers beat the Seahawks 21-0 and I thought they looked like **** doing it.

The steelers have to play well...score TDs not FGs...get off the field on third downs regularly...and be more disciplined in the penalty department.

That's what will tell the season, not just the final score
    Thanks for making that clear. I just assumed most folks would understand what I meant.

It's a road trip to a loud stadium, the Titans particularly do not like the Steelers and I'm pretty sure they will give us their best shot. Steelers just have to come out and be stout on defense, play solid special teams, and put together long sustained drives resulting in 7 not 3.

From a quality perspective, I am looking for almost penalty free football and certainly a reduction in holding calls from Willie and the rest of the line. Good hard hitting, leading with the shoulder vs the head and defensively do not allow the Titans any splash plays. The longer the Steelers allow the Titans to hang around with sloppy play, personal fouls or poor execution, the better the chance is of the Steelers blowing this game.

I don't see it happening, but it certainly could if they overlook this game.

My Mood
    Woot
    I agree, this team will allow bad teams to look good and good teams to look like Superbowl contenders if they can't clean up the penalty issues.

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    They need a dominating performance against a struggling team. No repeats of the raiders game..please!
    Cleveland Browns suck!

I believe the game tonight will define this team

We need to bury these dicks!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    It goes beyond the margin of victory.
    I agree this will define this team..but in a different way.

It will be the "way" we win that defines this team. This game will finish what we saw them start last week..offensive balance which seems to have infused the entire team with good, confident play in all three phases.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I want to see this defense get back to what it does best, confuse offenses and die by the blitz. It's what made us great for all those years and the pass rush needs to get back to being feared again no matter which 11 are on the field. There's no reason not to be successful tonight, none. NO excuses, go out there and kick *** like you know you can.

Draft Pick
    ^ so true....and they got beat by the Texans 2 weeks later 17-10 which felt more like 42-0

Thread Information