Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Terry Bradshaw says Steelers are old

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    The defense is already being transitioned to a younger group. They have a good mix of veterans and youth, including several players well under 30. The problem is that we've been injured too much. If we could field the proper starting D, we'd be a much better team.
    we need a young promising safety, we don't have one. and the ones in next years draft will be out of our reach and not that strong talent wise after.

My Mood
    Manic
    Robert Golden doesn't show promise ? He's 20 years old and on the roster not the practice squad .Id say that shows promise

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Bradshaw is old.
    Last edited by RIVERS OF STEEL; 10-09-2012 at 11:59 AM.

And their fans.

Well we have the 25th oldest roster assuming this guys calculations are correct.

http://bloggingthebeast.com/2012/09/...re-the-oldest/

We also have the oldest starting defense but our starting offense is very young.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...ldest-starters
    Last edited by LarryNJ; 10-09-2012 at 05:39 AM.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    we need a young promising safety, we don't have one. and the ones in next years draft will be out of our reach and not that strong talent wise after.
    I know. I've been saying that since before this year's draft.

The issue the Steelers have isn't their age, but who is behind there older players:

Ike is 30+ but except to one game last year had is most productive season last year.
    Options: Lewis, Allen, Brown: I would take Taylor over either of them
    Harrison is 30+ but has the ability to impact a game like no other.
    Options: Wouilds, Carter, Johnson: Wouild seams to play better on the strong side, which in the youger Woodley side. carter dosen't hold the point of attack as well as Harrison (Most LB done). haven't sean enought of Johnson for form a opion.
    Da Beard is 30+ but appeartley Haywood isn'r ready to be a ful time starter.
    Options: I love Da Beard, but I would like to see Haywood role expanded. Woods is a spot player
    Big Snack is 30+ but McClendon should be getting more playing time, on passing downs or when team try to spread the Steelers out.
    Options: McClendon, Hood, Haywood: see comments above
    T.P. is 30+ and one of the best in the NFL when healthy, but health is a issue now.
    Options: W. Allen, R. Mundy, and Golden. I would place R. Clark at SS and use one of the other choice at FS
    Foote is 30+ but is really only 28 because of the wear and tear his body was saved from these pass few years.
    Options: S.Stevenson. and B. Johnson

My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    Do you ever have anything good to say about this team?? Why the focus on age when you should be talking about how well they can play. Granted those mentioned age wise may be considered old, talent wise they are starters for just about every team in this league. Troy is definitely having issues and this could be his last or next to last, but when healthy he is a force to be reckoned with. Clark and Taylor still get the job done at a high level, and they are mixing in the younger guys into the defense. JUst because someone is younger does not make them better!!
    when age is what is keeping them off the field, its a problem. the older they get, the more likely they are to injure themselves. like with troy, a no contact injury? he's been getting hurt more and more over the past couple of years. you cant tell me his age plays no part in that. as a football player i love troy, i think he's one of the best ever. but at some point you have to make the determination that his body is worn out.

Well, as we saw this offseason, I'm certain next offseason there will also be some turnover as well. Hampton, Harrison to name (2). Steelers have one of the youngest offenses in football, and they are getting younger on defense. I would target a safety in the draft or a blue chip OLB who can play right away.

Bradshaw? Eh, just his opinion, who cares what he thinks? I don't.

Thread Information