Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terry Bradshaw says Steelers are old

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Terry Bradshaw says Steelers are old

Terry Bradshaw, appeared on ESPN Radio and was asked about his former team the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Bradshaw said “The Steelers are old.”

He continued to go on about Troy Polamalu and James Harrison’s injuries, but also focused on the offensive line and the key injury to David DeCastro.

Polamalu, just back from injury, couldn’t put any weight on the leg as he limped off the field. Last week, when it looked like Polamalu was coming back, ESPN injury expert Stephania Bell said there was a risk of tearing the calf muscle more and making it a bigger injury, which could sideline him for multiple weeks.

Now his health is up in the air, much like the Steelers season.

Bradshaw continued, the Steelers are trying to be an elite team while rebuilding, starting with the interior lines.

http://thepenaltyflagblog.com/bradsh...are-rebuilding

Terry Bradshaw says Steelers are old

TB's sack is old... Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see this team has issues!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    As a Steeler fan, I think it's my duty to respect Bradshaw. After all the guy has 4 rings and was a huge part of the success in the 70's and bringing Pittsburgh into the elite teams in league history.

He's just been annoying though ever since he left Pittsburgh. The remarks about Ben and his overall feel towards the team just irritates me. I know he has to be unbiased being in the media, I get it but at least call it like it is and not how you see it.

The Steelers are hardly old...he must have been hanging out with Warren Sapp.

Even Merril Hoge can talk about the Steelers objectively on ESPN but still be proud to sport a black n gold tie on TV and have his terrible towel on his shoulder.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    As a Steeler fan, I think it's my duty to respect Bradshaw. After all the guy has 4 rings and was a huge part of the success in the 70's and bringing Pittsburgh into the elite teams in league history.

He's just been annoying though ever since he left Pittsburgh. The remarks about Ben and his overall feel towards the team just irritates me. I know he has to be unbiased being in the media, I get it but at least call it like it is and not how you see it.

The Steelers are hardly old...he must have been hanging out with Warren Sapp.

Even Merril Hoge can talk about the Steelers objectively on ESPN but still be proud to sport a black n gold tie on TV and have his terrible towel on his shoulder.
    Oh come on man, Ryan Clark is like 32, Ike Taylor is 32 and Polamalu is 31. They all need replacing very soon and with the age clustered so close together, it might be all at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    Oh come on man, Ryan Clark is like 32, Ike Taylor is 32 and Polamalu is 31. They all need replacing very soon and with the age clustered so close together, it might be all at one time.
    Do you ever have anything good to say about this team?? Why the focus on age when you should be talking about how well they can play. Granted those mentioned age wise may be considered old, talent wise they are starters for just about every team in this league. Troy is definitely having issues and this could be his last or next to last, but when healthy he is a force to be reckoned with. Clark and Taylor still get the job done at a high level, and they are mixing in the younger guys into the defense. JUst because someone is younger does not make them better!!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

What do you want to do, get a bus on the north side and ship them somewhere? We are rebuilding and getting some young blood in there.. Please get off the Bradshaw cool-aid!

Unlikenyou, I love and support this team no matter what. I don't give a da#$ if we finish 2-14.

If you don't have anything nice to say, maybe you ought to not say anything
    Last edited by LevonKirkland99; 10-08-2012 at 04:34 PM.
    "HAIL TO PITT"

My Mood
    Addicted
    Does anyone else see the irony in this..

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    Do you ever have anything good to say about this team?? Why the focus on age when you should be talking about how well they can play. Granted those mentioned age wise may be considered old, talent wise they are starters for just about every team in this league. Troy is definitely having issues and this could be his last or next to last, but when healthy he is a force to be reckoned with. Clark and Taylor still get the job done at a high level, and they are mixing in the younger guys into the defense. JUst because someone is younger does not make them better!!
    Um ok, in 2 years time when they all can't be starters or are not in the league then yes we can insert RYAN MUNDY to start.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO R TO THE Y TO THE A TO THE N ITS RYAN MUNDY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Veteran
    The defense is already being transitioned to a younger group. They have a good mix of veterans and youth, including several players well under 30. The problem is that we've been injured too much. If we could field the proper starting D, we'd be a much better team.

My Mood
    Addicted

Re: Terry Bradshaw says Steelers are old

Um ok, in 2 years time when they all can't be starters or are not in the league then yes we can insert RYAN MUNDY to start.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO R TO THE Y TO THE A TO THE N ITS RYAN MUNDY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
    Wow. If only all teams could see two years down the road.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thread Information