Thread: No way Harrison was coming off the field on Sunday

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

No way Harrison was coming off the field on Sunday

I was listening to Tomlin's presser after the game and they were talking about how the plan was to spell Deebo with Worilds or Carter but that never ended up happening. Harrison played just about every snap like he normally would and from what I saw didn't show any ill effects conditioning wise.

It's a good thing too because when Woodley went out, Worilds had to come in and God forbid if both him and Carter had to be relied on for the pass rush. Yeah Worilds had a good game but Harrison had a lot to do with that.

Just goes to show that when you're a player with the status of a James Harrison, you're not coming out of the game if you don't want too, no matter what anyone says..LOL

Woodley going down is exactly why he wasn't spelled. The game plan was to spell them both, but always have one of them on the field at a time. Woodley goes down, Harrison needed to stay in. And given that he's not in game shape yet, he had a hell of a game.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I was wondering how much he'd come out of the game this weekend, but clearly it wasn't much..lol.

Tomlin's statement about him feeling good and not needing to come out has as much to do with Woodley going down as it does with Harrison being ready to go. Worilds was the benefactor of Harrison staying in the game, if Carter had to come in with Worilds there's no telling how the pass rush would have been.

Carter will be good, I think he's got a bright future but he's raw and Worilds is inconsistent.

Steelers linebacker James Harrison has led the league in fines for helmet-to-helmet hits over the last couple of years. After his first game this year, Harrison said those fines have changed the way he plays.

Harrison said that in Sunday’s win over the Eagles, he altered the way he pressured Philadelphia quarterback Michael Vick, slowing down when he had a good shot at Vick because the possibility of getting fined was in his mind.

“I was nervous. I thought he might duck his head, and I might hit him, and I can’t take no fines,” Harrison said, via 105.9 in Pittsburgh “I was worried more about the fine. . . . If at the last second he ducks his head, ducks down and we make helmet-to-helmet contact, it’s the fault of the defender.”

Harrison, who said he would give himself a C-minus for his performance Sunday after a long layoff with a knee injury, clearly thinks it’s a bad thing that fines are forcing him to change the way he plays. But from the NFL’s perspective, that means the fines are having their intended effect.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...dnt-get-fined/

Thread Information