Thread: Looking ahead in the AFC north

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Waterboy
    My Mood
    Addicted

Looking ahead in the AFC north

The running game is back.

The fact that we have this gives us a chance to go up against any team in the AFC.

If we can cut down on penalties and stop dropping passes, then we're surefire contenders.

The bungals just got upseted and embarrassed at home by the dolphins.

The browns continue to be winless upon getting blown out by NYG.

And even the Ravens. OHHHHHH the Ravens. Continue to show problems.
    Losing to this same eagles team(don't take much away from that though people)
    Almost losing to the browns despite it being at home.
    And basically being handed the W by the chiefs(seriously why do the chiefs keep Matt Cassel around?). If Cassel doesn't fumble in the endzone then the chiefs win.
    It's shown to me that the Ravens REALLY struggle away no matter who they're playing.

If we can be consistent, then we can and should beat the Ravens in Pittsburgh(away is a different story but the browns game gives me hope).

The eagles defense is very similar to the Ravens.
    Good Dbs and a good D line but has a struggling LB corp.

I'd put in Ben in clutch moments like the playoffs(that's far off though) before I'd take Flacco.

From here we got a good schedule for a little bit as opposed to the ravens.

We go away to play a bad Titans team.
    After that we go away to play the bengals.
    Then we host the redskins.
    After that we go away to face the NYG. The giants don't do very well at home.

The ravens host the cowboys.
    Then they go away to play the texans(can't get any tougher than that).
    Then after a bye, they go away to play the browns. This is a ? but seeing as the browns almost beat them at home and now they're going away, one can hope.

Best case scenario we can be 6-2 by week 9 and the ravens could be 5-3 by week 9.

By the way I'd also like to thank the colts for sticking it the packers. Can't wait to see that game on NFL replay. We all wish Chuck Pagano a speedy recovery. God bless.

The ravens and bengals could be saying the steelers are injury riddled who can't stay disciplined. They lost to Oakland, who could be the worst team in the NFL.

I like the optimism, but take it one game at a time, we have our fair share of problems we still need to address.

Waterboy
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible.towel43 View Post
    The ravens and bengals could be saying the steelers are injury riddled who can't stay disciplined. They lost to Oakland, who could be the worst team in the NFL.

I like the optimism, but take it one game at a time, we have our fair share of problems we still need to address.
    The Ravens lost to the eagles despite Vick turning the ball over the way he did. The bengals losing to the dolphins.
    We always lose to the raiders. I've accepted that. The giants lost to the redskins twice last year. The saints lost to the chiefs.

The Ravens don't have Terrell Suggs, Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are getting old. Ray Lewis isn't the same.

I get that we have problems. But we can't keep looking at the Ravens like they're the perfect team.

My Mood
    colts-hater
    The key is going to be to get to the night of October 21st when you play the Bengals in Cincy with a 3-2 record. Earlier in the day the Ravens play in Houston on the 21st and that is definitely a game they should lose or at least have a good chance to lose. After that the Ravens and Bengals both have their bye week on october 28th the next week. So beating the Bengals that night and getting to 4-2 hopefully with wins over the Eagles and Titans the previous 2 weeks will go a long long way I believe to getting the Steelers right back in this division race. You gotta win the next 3 against the Titans,Bengals,and Redskins in order for this to happen. The Bengals would then have at least 2 losses or more if they drop a game the next 2 weeks and we would own the head to head tiebraker over them, and the Ravens should they lose to Dallas this weekend or at Houston the following weekend would at the very least have 2 losses as well and so would the Steelers should they win the,Titans Bengals and Redskins games.

Right now, the Ravens' defense looks worse than ours. The conference is wide open this year and I honestly believe 10-6 could win this division.

When you only put up 9 on the Chiefs you have problems. When you get flat out beat by the Dolphins you have problems. When you have a monumental collapse against the Raiders you have problems. The interesting thing about this year is that no one looks great. By year end one of the teams will likely have emerged and proven to be better than the rest. In Ben I trust, now if we can stay healthy on D we can lock up the AFCN easily.
    I like big hits and I cannot lie

Thread Information