Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallace and colon

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Gotta love it. Plays extremely well the first three games, has one subpar game and now he's a bum again lol. Jesus this **** just never ends. How can anyone bitch about Wallace's play today? He was blatantly held twice (one that would've been a TD at the end of the first half), both of which weren't called, and he was blatantly interfered with by Asomugha on that 4th down heave to the endzone and that wasn't called. Not to mention that Ben overthrew him on what would've been an easy long TD. The man has one drop, ONE, and the bashing starts again... Seriously? Give the man a f*cking break.

On the other hand. Antonio Brown drops TWO balls, one that would've been a TD on an absolute perfect throw by Ben, and no one says anything. HE'S the one making all the money! Mike Wallace has been better than Brown this season (though Brown has plays generally well). Antonio has a few drops on the season, 2 fumbles against Oakland (one that was huge and contributed to the loss), every catch he gets up and acts like he broke the NFL f*cking record for receiving yards, and talks **** to the media, yet Wallace is the one that gets bashed after one game. Now I love Antonio Brown. I love what he brings to the team. But the man is underperforming for the money he's making, and deserves more criticism than Wallace.

Every player has a couple subpar games a season, can we please not be completely ridiculous over one f*cking game... Please?
    I have been bringing up the fact that Brown had drops as well.........Its funny that Mike Wallace will continue to be the antichrist for holding out.....It was ok when Ward held out and its ok when Brown drops balls but not Mike Wallace.....

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I have been bringing up the fact that Brown had drops as well.........Its funny that Mike Wallace will continue to be the antichrist for holding out.....It was ok when Ward held out and its ok when Brown drops balls but not Mike Wallace.....
    Exactly. Ridiculous.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Exactly. Ridiculous.
    Tell you what Big T if the Steelers don't resign Wallace due to the cap after spending so much on the defense then I'm going to be pissed.......Ben, Brown, Wallace all need to remain together..........

Tell you what Big T if the Steelers don't resign Wallace due to the cap after spending so much on the defense then I'm going to be pissed.......Ben, Brown, Wallace all need to remain together..........
    Completely agree...

Draft Pick
    And Dennis Dixon should have been given an opportunity to compete with Ben for the starting job....

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlitzBurghx View Post
    Why does everyone always bash wallace? Brown dropped a td today and besides the jets game he's done nothing. Not to mention the fumble 2 weeks ago. Brown is the one getting paid big bucks right now. Not Mike.
    Wallace, 8 targets, 2 catches, 17 yards, 8.5 YPC.
    Brown: 10 targets, 7 catches, 86 yards, 12.3 YPC.

I don't see why you guys are so keen on defending Colon in terms of penalties. He has been aweful in that regard all season.

Mike Adams: 1 False start
    Kelvin Beachum: 1 False start
    Willie Colon: 2 False start, 4 Holding
    Ramon Foster: 1 False Start
    Marcus Gilbert: 1 False Start, 1 something else which I cannot figure out, but gave 10y. I reckon a holding, only it does now show as a holding

Maurkice Pouncey: 1 False Start
    Max Starks: 1 False Start

Its not exactly unfair to say that Colon has been terrible in that regard compared to the rest of line. Basically, he has thrice as many penalties as any other player on the o-line.

As for Wallace - Brown. If Brown caught more TDs he would have had a better season than Brown so far, but that is not really the case. AB has caught 1 and Wallace 3. That said, Wallace had a terrible game last night.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Wallace, 8 targets, 2 catches, 17 yards, 8.5 YPC.
    Brown: 10 targets, 7 catches, 86 yards, 12.3 YPC.
    Let's look at more than the raw stats, shall we?

So, there were 6 targets where he didn't come up with the ball. One was a drop, no excuses, right into his hands and he dropped it. One was a 4th down, desperation heave into the endzone in double coverage where he was practically raped by Asomugha with no call. One was a slant on the goal line in which Wallace was blatantly held by DRC, again no call. One was a crossing route where Wallace was again blatantly held by a LB, with no call (I can still see Ben with his hands in the air asking for a flag). One was on a potential big play where Wallace got behind DRC, and Ben overthrew what wouldve been an easy long TD. I don't know about the last one, but it's pretty obvious that Wallace wasn't really to blame for his subpar day. Raw stats look bad, but going in depth shows the real story.

Wallace and colon

Wallace to me appeared to of gave up on a couple plays. This was by far his worst game in a while, lets see how he responds Thursday!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Mellow
    I really don't think Wallace is having a bad season but I do believe he isn't giving 100%....on the long TD pass he stuck out one arm and the ball hit him in the elbow, great WR's dive for the ball at least it would have been a long gainer......His efforts seem to be half assed and always looking for the flag.......I also believe he isn't into the Haley offense, not so many bombs but more short slants and stick slants.......My guess is he is gone after this season by his own choice......

Thread Information