Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Early thoughts on the Titans game this Thursday night...

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    saints-hater

Early thoughts on the Titans game this Thursday night...

The Titans right now are getting blown out by the Vikings in Minnesota 30-7 and have looked absolutely terrible in that game. Last time I checked Chris Johnson barely had over 20 yards rushing. Our old buddy Matt Hasselbeck will be the QB in the game Thursday night in Tennessee. This is another game much like the Raiders game a few weeks ago. It's a game the Steelers most definitely should win if they show up and play like they are capable,but it's also a game much like the Raiders game a few weeks ago they definitely could lose if they make mistakes and the defense doesnt step it up. The Steelers have not played good defense on the road this season so far at all and as we all know have not won a game on the road yet so far this season. The Steelers historically dont play that well down in Tennessee and with guys like Troy and Woodley most likely not going to play in this game it could open up some more space to run for a guy as talented as Chris Johnson.

With all that being said, I still like the Steelers in this game. They need to start winning some games in the conference now and get their conference record back up to even at 2-2. I just cant see them losing another game to a bad team in the Titans like they did a few weeks ago in Oakland...Get this win and push your record to 3-2 and keep that scenario I have been talking about still possible where you can finish October tied with the Ravens at 5-2 if you win your next 3 games at Tenn,at Cincy,and at home against the Redskins and the Ravens drop one of their next 2 games with either the Cowboys at home or at Houston before their bye week on October 28th...

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    The Steelers are 0-2 on the road so far this year so I don't think the game is a lock but it should be really.....I just would like to see the Steelers stop beating themselves....Hopefully the defense is turning the corner and is back to Steelers level of football......Timmons was a beast today so that is encouraging going forward....Jason Worilds even looked solid filling in for Woodley when he went down......

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    The Steelers are 0-2 on the road so far this year so I don't think the game is a lock but it should be really.....I just would like to see the Steelers stop beating themselves....Hopefully the defense is turning the corner and is back to Steelers level of football......Timmons was a beast today so that is encouraging going forward....Jason Worilds even looked solid filling in for Woodley when he went down......
    Couldn't have said it better myself....
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    This game is a lock.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    This game is a lock.
    So was the Raiders game.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

My Mood
    saints-hater
    It should be a lock but I wouldnt go as far to say it is a mortal lock. The Steelers need to come out in this game and score early and often and get up on the Titans by a few scores. Dont let this team hang around and dont give them any kind of life. At 1-4 now the Titans being at home are going to be desperate and are going to be pretty much in a MUST win type situation because if they fall to 1-5 they are all but finished when it comes to having any kind of chance to make the playoffs. Plus, much like Carson Palmer a few weeks ago Matt Hasselbeck hates our guts just as bad as Palmer does which could make him play over his head like Palmer did in the Raiders game. This is a game I think the Steelers should have no problem winning and a game I think they will end up winning but just be careful here in thinking this game is a lock and be aware of the things I just mentioned above here in regards to the Titans and their absolute desperation in this game...

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    One good thing the Titans defense has been very bad so far this season.....The Steelers offense should be able to move the ball at will and score.......

My Mood
    saints-hater
    I agree that Ben and the offense especially the passing game should have a great game and should put up a lot of points. The only way the Steelers lose this game is if the Steelers defense completely and totally implodes like they did in the Raiders game...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I hate these Thursday night games, we can't even enjoy a win for a day before the next game is up on deck.

The Titans shouldn't scare anybody, no reason to think the Steelers should lose this game other than what BG32 mentioned, that we stink on the road so far. I don't take this game for granted by any stretch but I do expect the Steelers offense to be able to move the ball.

If the defense can keep Shady McCoy in check they should be able to do the same with Chris Johnson, in theory

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I hate these Thursday night games, we can't even enjoy a win for a day before the next game is up on deck.

The Titans shouldn't scare anybody, no reason to think the Steelers should lose this game other than what BG32 mentioned, that we stink on the road so far. I don't take this game for granted by any stretch but I do expect the Steelers offense to be able to move the ball.

If the defense can keep Shady McCoy in check they should be able to do the same with Chris Johnson, in theory
    I dont mind these Thursday night games too much especially seeing that the Steelers just had a bye week coming off a terrible loss to the Raiders and we had to wait a long full 2 weeks before we saw them play another game. Now we get to see the Steelers play 2 games in a 4-5 day span and hopefully get 2 wins in that span and get right back in this divisional race. It was nice for a change to have a 1 o clock game for the first time this season a month into it. The Steelers unfortunately will only have 2 more 1 o clock games until December 9th when they play the Chargers at home at 1 o clock and those games are against the Redskins at home on October 28th,and at Cleveland on November 25th . All the other games the Steelers play between now and then are either 4 o clock games or at night on Thursday,Sunday or Monday.

Thread Information