Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben Roethlisberger shines yet again...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    jets-hater

Ben Roethlisberger shines yet again...

Getting Mendy back today was huge and he ran and caught the ball out of the back field and made some plays, but the story once again and the player of this game was Ben Roethlisberger. He just continues to make big play after big play and big throw after big throw. He found a way to escape pressure time and time again and converted some huge huge 3rd downs on that last possession there to both Brown and Sanders escaping pressure on both occasions to do so. One thing we are not seeing at all is Ben is not getting sacked that much at all. I dont know if it's Haley's system or if the line is playing better but it does seem like Ben is not getting sacked nearly as much in games as he was the past few seasons. Ben once again was awesome today and he is the main reason once again the Steelers won this game. He is only going to get better I feel as this season moves forward. But overall once again another outstanding error free game from Ben today...

Ben Roethlisberger shines yet again...

Third down king! I love it!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Very workman like performance by Ben today. That's what we're used to seeing out of him, or we were used to seeing out of him. 21/37, 207 yds. No major mistakes but made the plays when he absolutely had too. Sometimes you win ugly and today on offense it wasn't the prettiest thing. I'll take it though!

He had a very good game, I only noticed 2 bad throws. If his receivers did more his stats would have been great. I think one reason his sacks are down is we aren't running 25 yard patterns as often.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Starter
    He is one of the most versatile QB's around. I don't think the big passes were there, so he adjusted. If he had been rushe more, he would have scrambled and made some plays. Had he had more open receivers, he would have hit them. He does whatever the situation dictates. Like Vick, (but far better at actually throwing the ball and doing expected QB stuff), he gets it done. And yes, if the if the situation is on had, he can manage a game and be a "workman."

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Very workman like performance by Ben today. That's what we're used to seeing out of him, or we were used to seeing out of him. 21/37, 207 yds. No major mistakes but made the plays when he absolutely had too. Sometimes you win ugly and today on offense it wasn't the prettiest thing. I'll take it though!

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Phantom PI calls not called... Im still getting disappointed with Wallace. I understand the new offense doesnt call for the deep pass to him nearly as much. But couple dropped passes, and his penalty today got my attention.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Brown and Wallace both had multi drops today....Lets not single out Wallace......Brown dropped a TD and it was a perfect pass by Ben.......Ben has been money on 3rd down all season and he was solid on the game winning field goal drive......I'm not worried about the WR's in the long term....Both Wallace and Brown will be fine.....

Draft Pick
    Ben is great on 3rd down...but Im watching the Pats/Broncos...and Tom brady is great on 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th down ...we have the weapons, but Brady will and could make our D look silly, and or O...thats insane watching patriots .we have a Long way to go...1 TD ....with 2 Extra possesions with TO's, i'll take the win though

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by elephantman View Post
    Ben is great on 3rd down...but Im watching the Pats/Broncos...and Tom brady is great on 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th down ...we have the weapons, but Brady will and could make our D look silly, and or O...thats insane watching patriots .we have a Long way to go...1 TD ....with 2 Extra possesions with TO's, i'll take the win though
    Ben has 8 TD's and only 1 INT on the season.......Ben has been fine all season.....lol Both Wallace and Brown did Ben no favors today with big drops........

My Mood
    Addicted
    Outside of the first quarter Ben was money again. It's gotten to the point where I love seeing 3rd and longs

Thread Information