Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guys we still won the game

Bookmark and Share

Guys we still won the game

I know the game was ugly in the first half. Colon having holding calls, brown and wallace dropping some passes. Look at it this way, we still won the game. The defense wasnt pretty but they held the Eagles to only 14 points. Mendenhall was a bright spot which is good and he had over 80 yards on 14 carries. Redman looked really comfartbale being in the backup role he is comfaortbale with. Frustrating part was the lack of discipline after a bye week.

Positives.

-Mendenhall played great today.
    -Wallace contributed
    -Brown contributed well
    -Cotchery needs smaller cleets
    -The offensive line played well when it had to, Yes even Colon sometimes, except for them holding penalties
    -Ben wasnt hit to much today
    -Haley's first 4th quarter comeback as a Steelers OC with good play selections.
    -Timmons played like a freak of nature
    -Mclendon showed why he needs to get more playing time with push up the middle.
    -Turnovers!
    -Worilds stepped up

Negatives.

-Lack of discipline.
    -Clark DID come in late on that one penalty, no reason to go after the guy when he was almost down by two other defenders. Boneheaded play.
    -WR's dropped some passes they should have caught but I dont expect to see them play any worse than what they did today, or have as many drops as they did today
    -The defense only gave up 14 points, its not like we gave up 28+
    -The cushion DL loves for Philly's last drive(that will never change in the scheme)

I was frustrated as most of you by the play in the first half, seriously, it cant get any worse than that. If we get past Tenn on Thursday which I expect we will. I think the Steelers will be in good shape even with the tough schedule ahead of us. I think Harrison coming back is what the defense needed to amp up a little more. The defense shut down a pretty good Eagles offense in McCoy/Maclan/Jackson and Vick with the threat of running and passing. With as ugly as the game looked, there were alot of positives also.
    Last edited by steelchamp204; 10-08-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Veteran
    Wallace had 2 catches for 17 yards. How's that contributing?

How is Cothchery needing smaller cleets a positive?

Colon had 4, FOUR, holding penalties. That's anything but a positive. I will concede that the OL played pretty well; better blocking over all and 0 sacks.

Turnovers, yes, much better on the D. But the Steelers put the ball on the ground 3 times as well. They were just lucky enough to recover them. The ball doesn't always bounce your way.

Had we played a better team, the Steelers would have gotten their *** kicked. This was a horribly sloppy game, riddled with penalties and poor play. It's not the crisp well coached Steelers we're used to seeing. They go up against Baltimore like that and we're looking at another *** kicking.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post

Colon had 4, FOUR, holding penalties. That's anything but a positive. I will concede that the OL played pretty well; better blocking over all and 0 sacks.

Turnovers, yes, much better on the D. But the Steelers put the ball on the ground 3 times as well. They were just lucky enough to recover them. The ball doesn't always bounce your way.

Had we played a better team, the Steelers would have gotten their *** kicked. This was a horribly sloppy game, riddled with penalties and poor play. It's not the crisp well coached Steelers we're used to seeing. They go up against Baltimore like that and we're looking at another *** kicking.
    Yea the same Baltimore team, that played amazing today vs the Chiefs.

Starter
    I think the Eagles area playoff team. I don't think it gets too much better than the Eagles!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The game was both exciting and depressing. Had the Eagles been as good as their 3-1 we would have been in trouble.

No complaints about Ben, he's been stellar all year and did make the plays when he had too.

Mendy was solid all around, completely impressed with his recovery and more north and south running style.

Cotchery needs new feet.

Vick is a turnover machine; I credit him for those turnovers as much as I do our defense.

Suisham is epic so far this season, no complaints. ST coverage much better too.

We're at 2-2 and with the Bengals loss we're back in the thick of the race. This team better find a way to clean up the sloppy play if they want to keep on winning.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    A few thoughts on the game;

Welcome back Rashard Mendenhall..glad to see Timmons finally show up can he do it again ? Willie Colon I didn't want him on the team two years ago still my thought today only difference now...with injuries we have to keep him.

The only difference between the regular officials and the replacements...the pay.

Todd Haley I love his game plan minus the first quarter,it's like he's feeling his way around then wham ...he turns it on. Have some confidence in your plan and your players and come out firing from the start.

The defense blows another fourth quarter lead, thankfully we have Ben.

Any player that commits a false start ( especially at home ) or fails to line up correctly should be fined by the team and the fine should be doubled for the coaches ( line coach..WR coach) if it happens two weeks in a row.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    There's nothing to jump for joy about in this win. We won. We move on. But the play was hardly great overall. We need to play better. We better play better or we will get blown out by the Ravens or any legit team when we play one.

Sorry but I'm keeping it extremly real right now. No sugar coating anything.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Guys we still won the game

The Eagles were 3-1 and beat the Ravens, they are a good team despite Vick's issues. Take away his stupid turn overs and they're undefeated. This was a great win in a close game as I predicted!!

So the Eagles are poop now because we beat them when we played sloppy?? We pressured Vick alot. I think the Steelers knocked him down atleast 11 times. We forced turnovers!! The Steelers held them to 14 points!! Thats pretty damn good for holding down Jackson/Maclan/McCoy/Celek. If you'd ask alot of people. Only giving up 14 points will give you the opportunity to win alot of games. If the Steelers can beat a possible playoff team on there sloppiest game then they can only play better, right?

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    So the Eagles are poop now because we beat them when we played sloppy??
    Come on. You saw the game. It was an ugly win but it was a win we had to have. And that was hardly our sloppiest game. Go see the Raiders game.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information