Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Steelers get a huge huge win and get some help as well...

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Steelers just need to take care of their own business. They won today but it was a very very sloppy win. Colon had like 3 holding penalties on him. Didn't have a good game at all. The defense had 2 personal fouls on 1 drive that helped the Eagles get a TD. All in all, they were flagged 9 times for 106 yards.

This is a game where the Eagles fumbled 4 times, losing 2 of them; where we rushed for 136 yards and held the ball for over 33 minutes. It should have been an easy victory. Instead, it was a nail biter.

We put up that effort against a decent QB, and they are going to eat us alive.
    Exactly. I'm happy for the win but this is nothing to beat our chest about. We need to get better. WR dropping balls all over the place. The overall defensive effort was good but we have to be better.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    43 you're right Joe Flaccid is a terrible road QB.....But he has found magic in his last two regular season starts in Pittsburgh.....The Steelers better end it his magic this year......The entire NFL is wide open right now.......Atlanta and Houston are locks for the play-offs since both South divisions really are a joke at this point......As for the rest of the league its anybodies game.......
    Oh I am with you there no doubt that they cannot allow Flacco and the Ravens to yet again win another game here in the last 30 seconds like Flacco has found a way to do the last 2 regular season games he has played here at Heinz Field. The Steelers MUST beat the Ravens here at Heinz Field this season if they want to have any chance of winning this division. You simply cannot get swept by the Ravens again this season like last season and still expect to realistically win this division because it will not happen. As I keep saying if the Steelers can get to the end of October at 5-2 by winning these next 3 games with the Titans,Bengals and Redskins, and the Ravens can lose 1 of their next 2 games to either the Cowboys at home next week or at Houston the following week before their bye week they will go into November 5-2 and tied for 1st place in the division with the Ravens with their huge Sunday night showdown at Heinz Field looming a few weeks later

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    I'm happy we got the win but man that was one sloppy ugly game.
    After the bye week this game should not have been this close.
    This teams discipline and focus needs a swift kick in the ***.
    We squeeked this out but I want blood on Thursday night!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Playing the AFC North is no longer just the bruising, bloody, war that it used to be. All of these games are filled with big plays and late comebacks. The Steelers better sure up this sloppy play in a hurry because the schedule doesn't get any easier.

I'm with you guys, the Ratbirds don't play well on the road but against us there can be no doubt. We sweep them this year come hell or high water.

Thread Information