Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Steelers get a huge huge win and get some help as well...

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Clowns

The Steelers get a huge huge win and get some help as well...

If the Chiefs had any kind of offense today and Matt Cassel wasnt a complete joke the Chiefs would have beat the Ravens. Flacco was horrible and if the Chiefs had not shot themselves in the foot time after time in this game they would have won it easily. But the Ravens hang on and go to 4-1, and the Bengals turn into the Bungles today and lose a game at home to the Dolphins and fall to 3-2 so the Steelers gain a game on the Bengals. The Ravens have two tough games the next 2 weeks before their bye week against the Cowboys in Baltimore who are on their bye week this week and have 2 weeks to prepare for this game, and then they go to Houston after that on October 21st the same night the Steelers play in Cincy. Huge huge win today had the Steelers lost this game and fallen to 1-3 they would have been in big big trouble. Not that much time to enjoy it though gotta make this win stand up by coming right back out in 4 days and beat the Titans and get to 3-2. Still a lot of football left to be played and if the Ravens play like they did today they will lose a lot more games. KC let them off the hook today big time...Hopefully we bounce back and get to 3-2 this week and beat a pretty bad Titans team and get our first win on the road...

My Mood
    Clowns
    That damn Chiefs game just seriously pissed me off. How many chances do you need to beat a team. Cassel is a complete joke, and severely overpaid at that. I'm sure Flacco still thinks he's elite...

I'll take the Browns and Bengals loss though, that's a big help!!

Veteran
    Steelers just need to take care of their own business. They won today but it was a very very sloppy win. Colon had like 3 holding penalties on him. Didn't have a good game at all. The defense had 2 personal fouls on 1 drive that helped the Eagles get a TD. All in all, they were flagged 9 times for 106 yards.

This is a game where the Eagles fumbled 4 times, losing 2 of them; where we rushed for 136 yards and held the ball for over 33 minutes. It should have been an easy victory. Instead, it was a nail biter.

We put up that effort against a decent QB, and they are going to eat us alive.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Steelers just need to take care of their own business. They won today but it was a very very sloppy win. Colon had like 3 holding penalties on him. Didn't have a good game at all. The defense had 2 personal fouls on 1 drive that helped the Eagles get a TD. All in all, they were flagged 9 times for 106 yards.

This is a game where the Eagles fumbled 4 times, losing 2 of them; where we rushed for 136 yards and held the ball for over 33 minutes. It should have been an easy victory. Instead, it was a nail biter.

We put up that effort against a decent QB, and they are going to eat us alive.
    Exactly. I'm happy for the win but this is nothing to beat our chest about. We need to get better. WR dropping balls all over the place. The overall defensive effort was good but we have to be better.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Addicted
    The Chiefs got cheated out of the go ahead TD, but give credit to Romeo he knows how to game plan Defensively, i wish he was our DC...

My Mood
    Clowns
    I agree Tomlin has to address these 106 yards worth of penalties that took place in this game today. These are things the Steelers can do a lot better and can clean up. As for the Ravens they have both the Cowboys and Texans the next 2 weeks and I definitely think they will drop one of those games then they have their bye week on October 28th the same day the Steelers host the Redskins. So if the Steelers can win their next 3 games against the Titans,Bengals,and Redskins which I think they have an excellent chance to do and the Ravens can drop 1 of their next 2 games the Steelers will be tied with the Ravens at 5-2 going into November with 2 games still to play against the Ravens...They had to win this game though today against the Eagles to make that scenario possible and they did just that...

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    We all can crack on Flacco and I'm the biggest basher of Flaccid.....But still Joe Flacco is 2-0 in his last two trips to Pittsburgh........The Steelers need to end Flacco's short winning streak in the Burgh and against the Steelers period......The Chiefs should have won that game today....One good thing the Ravens defense doesn't look as tough as it use to....Again I'll say it the Ravens missing both of their starting OLB's from last year is a huge blow to them.....

Just like us the Ravens QB isn't the problem on their team. As strange as it is to say if us or them don't make it this year it will be because of the defense.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Flacco really wasn't a stand out today at all.....Really he was terrible........

My Mood
    Clowns
    I agree Flacco was terrible today and just does not play as good on the road as he does at home. I will take Ben over Flacco anyday of the week to win a big game. Flacco has won 2 games in a row here in regular season but he did lose the playoff game here in January of 2011 the game that mattered the most of the last 3. I do not think the Ravens have a legit chance to go to the Super Bowl unless they get homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. Flacco and this team will not win a big game on the road in the playoffs against a big time team. If you look at all 4 of the Ravens playoff losses in the Flacco Harbaugh era they have all been on the road to the Colts,Patriots,and 2 games against the Steelers. The Ravens and their fans seem to think the only team they have to worry about in the AFC now is Houston. I wouldnt be thinking that just yet because the Ravens in the end are still going to have to go through the Steelers if they are going to win this division...

Thread Information