Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mendenhall returns and rushing game gets back on track

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Mendy was a beast!! he took the yards the holes gave him. I re-watched the oakland game and our backs missed allot of yards by missing the holes. The refs were TERRIBLE..Ike got screwed again and Wallace should of had at least 3 flags go his way..lol thats why I couldn't give a crap who the refs are, its not like they do us any favors. I am not a Redman backer or ever will be..

Mendenhall is a couple of lightyears faster than both Dwyer and Redman getting to the LoS. It was a thing of beauty.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Fight

Re: Mendenhall returns and rushing game gets back on track

Im probably the biggest Mendy critic here and would like to say Mendy had one hell of a game but until he does it every game I will still be critical, he should got the game ball cause if they would of gave it our wr's they might of dropped it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

My Mood
    Addicted

Re: Mendenhall returns and rushing game gets back on track

Mendy had a good game for his first. Pretty sad when he should get the game ball on 80 yds rushing. Guess that is the expectation these days.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    Mendy had a good game for his first. Pretty sad when he should get the game ball on 80 yds rushing. Guess that is the expectation these days.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Seriously? Did you watch the game? Because it sounds like you just looked at the stats and saw 80 yards rushing. 80 yards on only 14 carries, almost 6 yards a carry, is impressive enough without it being his first game after tearing his ACL just 8 months ago.

Mendy started to look good the second half of last season and quit his dancing and just hit the holes. I think a light bulb went off in his head then or he started reading these forums. Anyhow glad to have him back and glad he is being used in the passing game.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I remember being so excited when he starting running with power and authority instead of dancing around like Hines Ward on DTWS. If the light bulb did go off, better late than never because that old style would get him killed this year with a line still trying to find itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Seriously? Did you watch the game? Because it sounds like you just looked at the stats and saw 80 yards rushing. 80 yards on only 14 carries, almost 6 yards a carry, is impressive enough without it being his first game after tearing his ACL just 8 months ago.
    not to mention he had a 20 yard run taken away in the first on an illegal formation penalty on wallace. Could have been 100 yards on 15 carries.

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    I think what he meant was that its sad when 80y rushing gives you the gameball, as in: It is sad that we're that excited about an 80y performance which, lets face it, is not amazing. Don't get me wrong, Mendenhall did an amazing job, only we should have ran the ball more.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

i would not be surprised if mendenhall gets 5-6 receptions per game coming up, hes going to surprise a lot of people in the passing game

Thread Information