Thread: Here we go again

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Here we go again

It seems like every year everyone wants to be the first to be right about our team finally being done for the year. i can't remember if it was in 08 or 05 it was the same way and I don't think it was more than 3 people here that really believed they could win it and they did.

First, true we're 1 and 2 but all of these games could have been won, we're down 2 Nfl defensive MVP's no matter how old they are they are still a threat in this game. For instance that long run that McFadden had for a touchdown would not have happened if Troy was in the game. Mundy had him in the open field and could have stopped him for a short gain but he hesitated and got shook. He was playing in Troys place and in that same position Troy would have attacked before he made his move, that play alone would have been enough to win that game. We were without Clark game one (who is playing at a pro Bowl level) the second game we were with out Troy. The Bottomline is in each of the two losses we were one play away from winning on defense you gotta believe Harrison and Troy are good for at least one a game.

The offense is great right now, this is the type of offense that will finally put Ben in that top tier QB group like Manning,Brees,and Brady. We go up and down the field so easy it's ridiculous, I remember alot of people saying Haley suck and this and that and then did a 180 when we had a good game.

We all knew the day would come when the offense would have to carry the defense and it's now , the D will get better as the year progresses but the O has to hold the rope until then.

This defense will be very good when the youngsters find themselves in the scheme. That is the biggest problem with our scheme is the new guys being themselves and bringing what they do best into the scheme(like Troy, Clark ,Harrison Woodley. Once these guys learn when to play assignment football and when to do what they do best they are going to be hard to beat. I remember Ziggy Hood having a hell a pass rushing spin move in college and haven't seen it one time since he's been here, so does Heyward but he used his more to spin off blocks and stop the run. The only complaint I have about Lebeau is the fact that he uses the d-line to eat up blocks ,and I think that makes it easier on the O-line to know who's coming and where their coming from. Let everyone come and let the o-line make a decision on if he should block Hood or Woodley or harrison or Kiesel, instead knowing right away that neither of the ends are rushing and they just wait for the linebackers to come to them.

With all that said it's too early in the season to say it's over and I think we're still good enough to win it all , once we're healthy and the younger guys get comfortable we're going to be tough to beat.
    Last edited by Mike Tomlin; 10-08-2012 at 02:38 AM.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

We are 1-2 Mike.

I didn't say that we weren't
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Tomlin View Post
    I didn't say that we weren't
    implying we lose to the eagles?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I fixed your post for you Mike... unless you think we'll lose today..lol

Thanks man lol I definitely didn't think we were going to lose today.

LMAO! I just read my post and saw had many errors there were, that's what I get for using my cell phone.

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Tomlin View Post
    LMAO! I just read my post and saw had many errors there were, that's what I get for using my cell phone.
    Haha,holy crap is this the REAL Mike Tomlin?!

Thread Information