Draft Pick

Question Harrison and Woodley to Rotate vs Eagles

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack

Harrison, Woodley to rotate for Steelers vs. Eagles
    By Marc Sessler
    Around the League Writer
    Published: Oct. 6, 2012 at 09:57 a.m.
    Updated: Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:11 a.m.

The Pittsburgh Steelers will finally look like the Pittsburgh Steelers again when the Philadelphia Eagles visit on Sunday.

Harrison hasn't played since last season and Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau plans to bring him along slowly against the Eagles. Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Harrison will rotate with Chris Carter. Another veteran, LaMarr Woodley, will rotate with Jason Worilds, with an eye toward keeping the veteran linebackers fresh through four quarters.

"I have to come off," Harrison said. "It's no need being out there, being dog-tired, and not be able to do what's necessary to play the position. You want to stay fresh. You don't want to go out there and play every snap in the first half and come out sluggish in the third and have nothing left in the fourth."

Harrison and Woodley have been two of the team's best players over the years, but this defense blew a 10-point lead in a Week 3 loss to the Oakland Raiders, and that's what eats at LeBeau, who wants to keep his outside linebackers driving at the quarterback until the end.

We're not sure if Harrison's presence will do enough to stop some of the long runs this team has allowed. Polamalu will remedy the turnover drought, but who can rescue the Steelers' defensive line, which has been a mess during the team's 1-2 start? These familair faces will be welcomed back, but not to a defense they're used to.
    Okay, with Harrison I understand why they'd rotate him with the uncertainty about his knee. But why the hell are you taking Woodley out? He's the best pass rusher on the team. Would the Ravens rotate Suggs if he were healthy? Would the Packers rotate Matthews? This makes absolutely zero sense.

Veteran
    My Mood
    Blah
    I don't have a problem with this. I've been saying for ages that they need to get the young guys playing time. I'm not a believer in the "defense is too complicated so they can't play" philosophy. I think players learn a lot more on the field than off. Even if they play for, say, 10 plays a game (out of about 60) that would be a start.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    I don't have a problem with this. I've been saying for ages that they need to get the young guys playing time. I'm not a believer in the "defense is too complicated so they can't play" philosophy. I think players learn a lot more on the field than off. Even if they play for, say, 10 plays a game (out of about 60) that would be a start.
    Woodley is an old guy?

Harrison and Woodley to Rotate vs Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    Woodley is an old guy?
    Not what he meant..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I have a problem with this. It's stupid.

Defenses have to account for both when their on the field together. One frees up the other. Boy Le Beau gets more stupid everyday.

It's okay if Carter comes in and spells one or the other from time to time. I get that. But the majority of the time you want both on the field together.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Did you read the article?
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Sunshine
    LeBeau wants to keep his outside linebackers driving at the QB til the end.

Why does he have them in pass coverage for most of the game then ?
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    LeBeau wants to keep his outside linebackers driving at the QB til the end.

Why does he have them in pass coverage for most of the game then ?
    Because he's scared to death of giving up the big play. Funny thing is, the defense has been giving up the big play anyway. They need to be way more aggressive.

My Mood
    Manic
    Part of the problem is they are over agressive and they over pursue what games have you been watching they either can't get any push or they go super wide and there is a huge hole up the middle that's where troy comes in he closes that hole . i wonder if we will see Slyvester?

2nd String
    With our current offense, I think we can take that chance. Take a defensive risk and do some damage. This is totally counter-intuitive to what we have been used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    Because he's scared to death of giving up the big play. Funny thing is, the defense has been giving up the big play anyway. They need to be way more aggressive.

Thread Information