Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doubtful the Steelers make the playoffs

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent

Doubtful the Steelers make the playoffs

Let's face it, the steelers don't have it this year. They beat the hapless Jets. Lost to the so so broncos and the terrible Raiders. The Steelers just are not good. It's not entirely the Steelers fault. A bunch of injuries and bad luck plays have them at 1-2.
    The Steelers offense looks good enough on paper to carry the defense, but the running game is practically nonexistent. Redman and Dwyer are disappointments. Rainey needs a good line to spring him loose. The return of Mendenhall will help, but his hands aren't as good as Redman's or Dwyer's, so how is he really going to fit into the new offense?

The Oline is worse than last year. Colon, Legursky and Foster are not up to the task. The Steelers need Adams to step up and DeCastro needs to recover quickly. If the Steelers had these two playing and a decent run game, I think the Steelers could finish 11-5 or 10-6. But that's not going to happen.

The Steelers D is well, anemic at best. The pass rush is practically non existent. Harrison can't get on the field. Polamalu is nursing his calf. The Secondary is horrible save Clark. Mundy should not be allowed to play in the CFL much less the NFL. I'd rather see Golden then Mundy. The corners stink. Where did these guys learn to play ball? They have the bravado of an Anthony Smith and as much ability too.

Prediction: Steelers 9-7

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Manic
    Well i'm glad i don't share your optimisim .If we win this week we will be fine it is much too early to panic .In the next 2 weeks we have our starting Safety ,our starting OLB and our starting running back returning plus Adams will be at back-=up instead of legs or beachum.there is a lot of positive over the next 2 weeks Wes Saunders returns from suspension that will make a difference in the 3 TE sets he is better than Pope and Paulsen.Gilbert should be healed up . Really my only concern is is Willie Colon fast enough to be a pulling guard in the NFL so far the answer is no

Rookie Free Agent Steelers/PSU Fan's Avatar
    We might make the playoffs, but it's going to be a wild card probably. Yeah we looked terrible against the Raiders, but longggg road trips can do that. Remember how bad the Ravens looked against the Chargers last season when they got blown out....and the 49ers last week lost to the Vikings. Remember the Saints losing by 2 scores to the Rams last season, road trips for whatever reason can do that.

I'm reserving judgement until we get through our first 8 games of the season. We probably make the playoffs as wild card and then lose in the 1st round. I don't see us winning in the playoffs at Houston, at New England, or at Baltimore.
    Release the Keisel!

Only one team is likely coming out of the East IMO. I don't think there's a ton of quality in the West. If the Steelers can right the ship we could be looking at three teams out of the North. Why shouldn't we think the Steelers can make the playoffs?

Now the division is a different beast at this point. Baltimore looks real tough and already has a lead. Cincy is going to be right there again.

WAY too early to be writing teams off.
    Host of Power Pregame and Panther Primer on TribLive Radio
    Contributing Writer for Pittsburgh Sporting News
    Owner of "The Voice Says...." Blog
    Follow me on Twitter: @SteelCityVoice
    "Like" My Sports Page on Facebook

All I remember is we got beat by the Raiders a few yrs ago at Heinz field and last week. If the Steelers really want to plays in January, then they need to start winning games...
    "HAIL TO PITT"

My Mood
    Manic
    If we win this week we will have the same record that we had last year 2-2 .I'm not worried as long as Mendenhall plays we will be fine .I think if Mendy comes back the Eagles will think we are going to try to run so the play action will work well .as far as the defense i thought that they didn'ty play all that bad in oakland considering there was multiple holds on the long run by McFadden and an illeagel motion that would have wiped out one touchdown .as long as we don't give up any big plays we should win

Veteran
    This offense is far too talented to rule them out. With a few less mistakes offensively (fumbles) they beat
    Oakland. Plus, with Troy back, this is a very different D.

Not that everything is peaches and herb, but there's still a long long way to go before we can say if they'll make it or miss.

It's too early to tell, this team hasn't found its identity yet. We will be getting some Pro Bowl caliber players back this week, let's see how the team responds. This team have played two games poorly (actually they looked better against the Broncos than most give them credit for) and played one game pretty good. Lets get a few more games under our belts before we make post-season predictions and start jumping off cliffs.

There's too much talent on this team for them to be ruled out. It's just a matter of getting, and staying healthy. If, and when, this team starts clicking again, they will be tough to beat. That's just my hope/opinion though.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Are you really freaking serious?? 1-2 and your writing off the rest of the season?? There is sooooo much football left to be played. Are there some things to worry about yet but I'm dam sure not giving up on them yet. Go ahead and root for a draft pick, I'm gonna root for the STEELERS !!!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Thread Information