Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How big of a rival really is Philadelphia to Pittsburgh, do you hate the Eagles?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    Philadelphia is a shithole, that's why I hate them.
    You can tell this all the way from England?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If there's a game you can afford to lose it's an out of conference game. If we were sitting here at 2-1 or 3-1 right now a loss wouldn't be so bad. Rival or not this is a must win game for Pittsburgh.

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    No football rivalry at all. I have alot of family around the Philly area,if anything they like
    the Steelers as their "back up" team and have alot of respect and a pinch of jealousy
    for not being able to do what the Steelers do and thats win SB's. I don't hate the city
    of Philly,every city has *******s and trash. The 'Burgh has it's share too,just that it's
    smaller and more secluded away from the pain in the *** East Coast corridor.
    The Eagles from the top down have always had people running them I can't stand
    but I'll follow them regardless because they are a Pa. team. If the division or conferance
    was the same then it would be similar to the Pens/Flyers rivalry I suppose.

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Very subtle on the surface. If it ever came to a SB between these two you would see a rivalry that would rock the NFL to its core. Philly is a shithole but, what east coast city ain't these days when your really take a deep look. Their fans blow and they are unheard of outside of lebanon valley pa (a good thing). The Eagles are for real though, unlike the punks from purple land, the brownies and sinsanastie pussies. My opinion.

And their fans.

I don't hate the Eagles. In fact, I cheer for them twice a year...when they play the Cowboys.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

My Mood
    Mellow
    i think we are more a rival to them than they are to us. some have said that eagles fans don't hate the steelers, but my sister and brother-in-law live in philly and they are constantly hearing steeler bashing from philty fans. my sister over heard a guy claming that ben was a scumbag...which i find really funny being that their QB is vick, but whateves....

any ways, even without sharing a division or conference, there is still bragging rights for the state. so there is at least something.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I've got a few Eagles at work that were giving me some hell this week, so rather than throw the "we got 6 how many you got" at them, I'd rather just celebrate the win and wave my towel in their cube a few times on Monday.

My Mood
    Pimp

How big of a rival really is Philadelphia to Pittsburgh, do you hate the Eagles?

Eagles/Steelers is a 2 on a scale of 10. Not much of a rivalry at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    i think we are more a rival to them than they are to us. some have said that eagles fans don't hate the steelers, but my sister and brother-in-law live in philly and they are constantly hearing steeler bashing from philty fans. my sister over heard a guy claming that ben was a scumbag...which i find really funny being that their QB is vick, but whateves....
    There's more Philly bash in this thread than I've heard Steeler bashing from Eagles fans in 11 years. So maybe the opposite is true.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    i dont hate the eagles. i live in ohio. i know there fans have a bad reputation, much like cleveland fans. and for some reason they usually play well against us. i respect andy reid, but cant root for a guy like michael vick. they remind me of the jets however, big city media darlings that never live up to there hype.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Thread Information