Thread: Ryan Clark: "I almost had a mental collapse when I saw him get hurt

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Ryan Clark: "I almost had a mental collapse when I saw him get hurt

Polamalu's teammates took the setback hard.

"I almost had a mental collapse when I saw him get hurt," Steelers safety Ryan Clark said. "Sometimes I think my love for him is a negative. When he's not playing, I want him out there. It's no indictment on the guys who come in. But part of why I play here and part of why I come back every year is to play with him."

Clark added, "You hurt selfishly, but more for him. I know how bad he wants to be out there. I know how hard he worked to get back. I know what type of treatments he went through. I saw him in the cold tubs at 6:30 when I got to work and he was already done with his workouts. And to come back and for that to happen is just terrible."

It's unlikely that Polamalu and linebacker LaMarr Woodley will play Thursday night at Tennessee. Woodley injured his hamstring in the first half Sunday and didn't return.

"Working on a short week is probably not a good sign for him," Tomlin said of Woodley.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...n-questionable

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If that's not an indirect slap in the face Mundy or Will Allen then I don't know what is. Hey, I can't blame him, he knows what a special player Troy is when he's healthy and how this defense is a better unit when both guys are on the field together.

The truth hurts, but Clark says what everyone else was thinking when Troy hobbled off the field.

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Mundy and Allen both need a slap in the face.......neither are helping out there.....

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    If that's not an indirect slap in the face Mundy or Will Allen then I don't know what is. Hey, I can't blame him, he knows what a special player Troy is when he's healthy and how this defense is a better unit when both guys are on the field together.

The truth hurts, but Clark says what everyone else was thinking when Troy hobbled off the field.
    Thanks Blitz.

We've got to seriously address the safety issue in the off-season. We just can't allow this to go on anymore.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Last season was the only time Troy was able to play in all 16 games in years, and he was banged up off and on last year. We can only hope it wasn't a full tear of that calf and that maybe he'll come back in 2 weeks, but even I'm not convinced he can last an entire half let a lone the game. Sucks but such is life.

Thread Information