Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wallace vs Asomugha should be a good one to watch

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Wallace vs Asomugha should be a good one to watch

You have to think that the Eagles will put Nnamdi Asomugha one on one with Wallace for a good portion of the game, and maybe mix in some Rodgers-Cromartie as well depending on how the Steelers lineup. If they move him, NA, around then he'd go up against Antonio Brown and then the Eagles could roll an extra coverage man over to help out on either side.

Leaving both AB and Wallace alone one on one all day is risky but if they find themselves able to cover both guys in that manner it could be trouble since that frees up an extra player in the pass rush.

This will be an interesting matchup; the first time this season that Wallace will potentially have an elite corner covering all game long. Does he win those battles? Does Ben even go after him very much?

Ben has never been the type to shy away from any DB so I expect he'll take some shots to whoever NA is covering but I wouldn't expect him to go that way all day long unless he has early success.

Wallace will smoke him... NA is overrated!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

I wouldn't be suprised if the first play is a long bomb to Wallace. Set the tone.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Steelers will not be beaten by the Eagles; if they lose this game, it will be because the Steelers beat themselves - again.
    NA is overrated and goes too much for the first move. If given time, Ben shouldshread this defense. Hope Mendy makes a difference in the running game.

I wouldn't call Asomugha overrated... He was arguably (along with Revis) the best corner in the game during his time in Oakland. He was used absolutely the wrong way last season, but has fallen off a bit. I don't think anyone considers him the best anymore, which is why I wouldn't call him overrated.

I will say this though, if Wallace can get off Asomugha's jam, it'll be a long day for Nnamdi. If they were smart, they'd put DRC on Wallace. DRC is at least close in terms of speed.

Last year he was torched game after game, IMO highly overrated...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

It's not that Wallace is a better WR than Asomugha is a CB, but Wallace is just not a great match up for Nnamdi. Like mentioned, if Mike can get around the jam, he will have a solid day.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Last year he was torched game after game, IMO highly overrated...
    You just have a thing for corners (*cough* Ike *cough*) lol...

Wallace vs Asomugha should be a good one to watch

Lol I was hoping so bad we could of signed NA but when he went to the "dream team" and struggled I felt better with our old sorry *** Ike! Hahahaha
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    I wouldn't call Asomugha overrated... He was arguably (along with Revis) the best corner in the game during his time in Oakland. He was used absolutely the wrong way last season, but has fallen off a bit. I don't think anyone considers him the best anymore, which is why I wouldn't call him overrated.

I will say this though, if Wallace can get off Asomugha's jam, it'll be a long day for Nnamdi. If they were smart, they'd put DRC on Wallace. DRC is at least close in terms of speed.
    Had Revis not been hurt, I wonder how much he would have been on Wallace vs AB. I wouldn't be surprised if they do use DRC on Wallace too, maybe mix up the two coverages to see how each fairs.

I agree he was used poorly last year, and really was new to the system. I still think he's one of the best corners in the league, especially cover corners in particular. Wallace needs to get the jump on him, or whoever is covering him early and get behind them because I'm not convinced he, Wallace, would win many one on one jump balls.

Thread Information