Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Woodley shows up this week?

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Clowns

Which Woodley shows up this week?

I was reading through some Steeler articles in my daily blog travels and one of my normal stops besides SA, is over at BTSC. They did a story today about this week coming up being a normal time when Lamarr Woodley starts to really come, especially in the sack category.

The good news is Woodley is used to busting out of early season sack slumps in a big way right around the Steelers' fifth game each season. Since 2010, LaMarr Woodley has five sacks in Week 5 games - never failing to notch less than 1.5 - sometimes with impressive performances in Weeks 1-4, sometimes not so much.

The bad news is Week 5 has always been Woodley's fifth game of the season. In 2012, it's his fourth. In that same stretch of time, Woodley has zero sacks in his fourth game of the year.
    So which Woodley do we see this week? The break out game changer? I sure hope so because something has to give sooner or later with this defense.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    If his "twitter and facebook " post are down this week , it means he's concentrating on the game plan, otherwise we get invisible LaMarr. Just a thought.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Woodley the DB dropping in coverage or Woodley that is allowed to rush the passer?? It's all in the gameplan!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Woodley the DB dropping in coverage or Woodley that is allowed to rush the passer?? It's all in the gameplan!
    Like our cb's . They sit 5to 7 yds off the LOS in zone and get picked apart or ( rarely) play aggressive man coverage and shut down the passing game. Only Dick knows for sure.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    What games have yall been watching? Woodley has been arguably the most consistent player on defense so far this year. Granted he doesnt have sack numbers, but he also hasnt rushed the passer nearly enuff (as we, the public expect either). I wouldn't be surprised to see that he has actually not rusher the passer as much or more than he has actually rushed the passer.

This isnt Woodley fault... this is a coaching fault. You have to put your players in a spot to make plays.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    What games have yall been watching? Woodley has been arguably the most consistent player on defense so far this year. Granted he doesnt have sack numbers, but he also hasnt rushed the passer nearly enuff (as we, the public expect either). I wouldn't be surprised to see that he has actually not rusher the passer as much or more than he has actually rushed the passer.

This isnt Woodley fault... this is a coaching fault. You have to put your players in a spot to make plays.
    Exactly. Beautiful post sir.

Without Harrison, Woody always gets double teamed and the protections are almost always slid to Woody's side. Or he is in coverage, and except for Woody, there is no one else on the front 7 that strikes fear into opposing QB's - except for Harrison. It will significantly change the game planning for Wally Walrus if Harrison plays.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Re: Which Woodley shows up this week?

It's funny this year, well not really, but when our DB's played more man coverage we won. When they don't we haven't won. The pass rush against the Jets was hardly epic by any stretch and the secondary still had a good game.

Wood having a two sack game would be nice, it is about that time anyway. My point is, unleash Lamarr and see what the secondary can do. It can't be any worse.

- From BRC's Bionic of Awesomeness

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Are you referring to Dick Le Beau?
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Are you referring to Dick Le Beau?
    If you're asking me, Wally Walrus is Andy Reid. If you're not, Wally Walrus is still Andy Reid.

Thread Information