Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: David DeCastro spotted walking without a limp

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Good news, but still a long way to go. I am inclined to say shelve him till next year.
    It's week 5! He's awlking without a limp! Not getting him playing time would be a huge mistake. He will be back around week 10 i would imagine. Get him some experience. If he takes Fosters spot then so be it.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It’s been only five weeks since David DeCastro had surgery on his injured right knee, but the Steelers’ first-round pick is walking without a limp and feels no pain.

DeCastro tore the medial collateral ligament, dislocated his kneecap and damaged the patellar tendon when his right leg buckled under him during a preseason game Aug. 25 in Buffalo. He had surgery four days later.

“I don’t have any pain, so I’m just working hard to try to get back,” DeCastro said.

His rehab has consisted mostly of riding a stationary bike. He has yet to run but has been working out almost daily for a couple of weeks since he had a knee braced removed. He anticipates returning to the active roster later this season.

“I saw him (Wednesday) on the bike, and that was encouraging,” offensive coordinator Todd Haley said. “The key thing with an injury is that you stay in the mix mentally.”

DeCastro doesn’t have to rush, thanks to an injured reserve/designated to return rule passed a day after his surgery.
    Players can begin practicing six weeks after they were designated to IR and can return to the active roster two weeks after their first practice.
    The earliest DeCastro can practice is Oct. 19, and the earliest he can be removed from IR would be in time for the Nov. 4 game against the New York Giants. The Steelers have the option to keep DeCastro on injured reserve as long as they want.

http://triblive.com/sports/2724118-8...#ixzz28QTf3fT4

My Mood
    Manic
    Based on this trib article my experience tells me that his mcl has already healed and is near 100% the slow part is the surgically repaired knee cap .I don't think he will be back on October 19th but if we are in the playoff mix then i think he would play the second Ravens game

Thread Information