Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm so tired of the "letting players sit and learn" mentality

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    I still believe we should of traded up to get Earl Thomas in 2010.

It would of sealed Polamalu's/Clark's position for the next 10 years whilst being a cornerback for his first 3 probably.

This defense has issues, and LeBeau isn't switching things up.
    Dick Le Beau still believes he's in the early 1990's.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

I'm so tired of the "letting players sit and learn" mentality

His defense is dated, this pansy tag football league requires a different approach. What's Dick is selling is no good anymore.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Manic
    Dick is adjusting just fine we don't just run a base 3-4 we run a 2-4-5 ,the big nickel ,dime we are just fine scheme wise the execution is the area of improvment.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    I got to agree with Larry. It's not like the D has been terrible over the past decade. Sure it's had some bad games but it has had some great games too and has always been a top ten D.

IMO....The difference now between years past is the lack of a pass rush, turnovers and a decent running game.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Yea going by the stats from the past ten years the defense is fine.....But even last year despite the high ranking for the defense it still wasn't your typical Steelers defense.....I rather have a defense give up some yardage at times but can actually create a turn over or game changing play....A turn over or game changing play would have been the difference against the Raiders....Just one.......

Would be nice if some of the high paid players on D would actually earned their money at this point as well....But still the recent reports of Brandon Stokley and Carson Palmer knowing what to expect from our defense kind of proves that the Steelers defense is stale and predictable.......

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    Dick is adjusting just fine we don't just run a base 3-4 we run a 2-4-5 ,the big nickel ,dime we are just fine scheme wise the execution is the area of improvment.
    Adjusting?????????????? To what?? What "adjustment" did he make in the Denver game??? He stays with the same game plan weather it's working or not. He has no plan B.

What adjustment did he make to the Raiders in the second half when they just started marching down the field? The Raiders wide receivers were made to look all world while Dick was instructing the corner backs to play off the wide receivers (as usual)
    Dick is predictable. And he's slow to make (if any) adjustments.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

He's adjusting nicely to losing... His defense isn't scary or effective anymore.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Pimp

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    Uh...no.

Ive ranted about this ever since I joined this forum, I always said I would rather struggle with yougn talent than get beaten up with veterans. We have had alot of success this past decade, but this needs to change. Offense is fine, let Mcelendon/Heyward Taamu get some time in here. It would be nice to see, they are the future of this defensive front.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Dick Le Beau still believes he's in the early 1990's.
    LOL and we could of got Maurkice as well, trade our 2011 and 12' away. got two studs in round 1.

I don't know why they just sit on their ****ing *** and not be aggressive apart from 2003.

I think we are the least team in the league that trades up in round 1.

we should use it sometime, like this coming draft for a cornerback. I like that 6"3 one David Amerson.

But of course what we will do --

Just draft guys that like to write blogs because he has great character, and not draft based on talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    LOL and we could of got Maurkice as well, trade our 2011 and 12' away. got two studs in round 1.

I don't know why they just sit on their ****ing *** and not be aggressive apart from 2003.

I think we are the least team in the league that trades up in round 1.

we should use it sometime, like this coming draft for a cornerback. I like that 6"3 one David Amerson.

But of course what we will do --

Just draft guys that like to write blogs because he has great character, and not draft based on talent.
    Because pointing out a 7th round pick is obviously a great away to make your point about our 1st round drafting.

And your idea about trading our 2011 and 2012 1st round picks in 2010 is completely idiotic. I have a huge man-crush on Earl Thomas, but like I said, it's an idiotic idea. That means no Heyward, meaning no depth behind Ziggy f*cking Hood (which he'll eventually start over of the coaching staff gets their heads out of their asses) and Keisel. Also meaning that our D line (which the entire 3-4 depends on) would be in even worse position than it is now. It doesn't matter who's in the secondary in the D line is awful. And your idea would mean that our line would be in worse position because we wouldn't have DeCastro (who even after this knee injury will be a dominant guard) coming back into the lineup. Do you really want the O line to continue to look the way it does right now?

Use your head there chief

Thread Information