Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Doubtful the Steelers make the playoffs

Bookmark and Share
    2nd String
    I don't think Baltimore looks any better than us. Their D is bottom of the pile too. A few plays that don't go their way and they are looking at a losing record too. Even so, they could finish strong, as could we. I like our offense better than theirs by far. Flacco has done well, but has not lit up the boards. I feel the Bengals will waiver. With what is left of the schedule, I look for New England to be the team to beat. Regardless, I think we have just as much of a possibility to make the playoffs as any other team in our division. Even more so.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityVoice View Post
    Only one team is likely coming out of the East IMO. I don't think there's a ton of quality in the West. If the Steelers can right the ship we could be looking at three teams out of the North. Why shouldn't we think the Steelers can make the playoffs?

Now the division is a different beast at this point. Baltimore looks real tough and already has a lead. Cincy is going to be right there again.

WAY too early to be writing teams off.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The way the defense is playing right now, they wouldn't last 5 minutes in the playoffs against a good team. The offense is playing out of it's mind right now through the air, but on the ground, yeah that's a different story. Special teams is doing pretty well so far this year too.

I'm not going to concede that the defense will be THAT much better with Harrison and Troy; because we were a different defense in the past. I'll reserve judgment on that subject until both guys get back and are playing up to par. Hopefully we aren't completely out of it by then..LOL

We may very well not end up doing much of anything this year, or we could get on a roll this week, who knows but I can't throw in the Terrible Towel yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Three Four View Post
    Let's face it, the steelers don't have it this year. They beat the hapless Jets. Lost to the so so broncos and the terrible Raiders. The Steelers just are not good. It's not entirely the Steelers fault. A bunch of injuries and bad luck plays have them at 1-2.
    The Steelers offense looks good enough on paper to carry the defense, but the running game is practically nonexistent. Redman and Dwyer are disappointments. Rainey needs a good line to spring him loose. The return of Mendenhall will help, but his hands aren't as good as Redman's or Dwyer's, so how is he really going to fit into the new offense?

The Oline is worse than last year. Colon, Legursky and Foster are not up to the task. The Steelers need Adams to step up and DeCastro needs to recover quickly. If the Steelers had these two playing and a decent run game, I think the Steelers could finish 11-5 or 10-6. But that's not going to happen.

The Steelers D is well, anemic at best. The pass rush is practically non existent. Harrison can't get on the field. Polamalu is nursing his calf. The Secondary is horrible save Clark. Mundy should not be allowed to play in the CFL much less the NFL. I'd rather see Golden then Mundy. The corners stink. Where did these guys learn to play ball? They have the bravado of an Anthony Smith and as much ability too.

Prediction: Steelers 9-7
    **** dude I hope you don't coach any sports

Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    Are you really freaking serious?? 1-2 and your writing off the rest of the season?? There is sooooo much football left to be played. Are there some things to worry about yet but I'm dam sure not giving up on them yet. Go ahead and root for a draft pick, I'm gonna root for the STEELERS !!!
    Right.... The Giants were what 9-7 last year.. were they not 3-6 at one point?

Lets bring this back up after the eagles game. Atleast let us get through the first 4 games of our season. 2-2 is fine if we win, 1-3 we will def have our work cut out for the remainder of the season.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Four View Post
    Let's face it, the steelers don't have it this year. They beat the hapless Jets. Lost to the so so broncos and the terrible Raiders. The Steelers just are not good. It's not entirely the Steelers fault. A bunch of injuries and bad luck plays have them at 1-2.
    The Steelers offense looks good enough on paper to carry the defense, but the running game is practically nonexistent. Redman and Dwyer are disappointments. Rainey needs a good line to spring him loose. The return of Mendenhall will help, but his hands aren't as good as Redman's or Dwyer's, so how is he really going to fit into the new offense?

The Oline is worse than last year. Colon, Legursky and Foster are not up to the task. The Steelers need Adams to step up and DeCastro needs to recover quickly. If the Steelers had these two playing and a decent run game, I think the Steelers could finish 11-5 or 10-6. But that's not going to happen.

The Steelers D is well, anemic at best. The pass rush is practically non existent. Harrison can't get on the field. Polamalu is nursing his calf. The Secondary is horrible save Clark. Mundy should not be allowed to play in the CFL much less the NFL. I'd rather see Golden then Mundy. The corners stink. Where did these guys learn to play ball? They have the bravado of an Anthony Smith and as much ability too.

Prediction: Steelers 9-7
    I agree but 6-10.

Don't be surprised if u get flamed.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    After that SBXL run when the Steelers had their backs to the wall and had to keep winning to make the post season, that was the most fun to watch. Having seen that you can't ever count out a Steeler team until it's really over.

I wonder if this team is capable of such a run should the opportunity to present itself.

The problem the defense is not scaring Anyone. Talking about 2008 is fun
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Doubtful the Steelers make the playoffs

The team that played the Jets impressed me, the other games depressed me, I hope the real team shows up this week!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

1-2 definitely leaves a lot of hope. That said, this year I just don't care much one way or the other. I wouldn't mind seeing a bad year if it meant that the team could get a great prospect at linebacker or nosetackle. I also wouldn't be disappointed to see a playoff year. The only thing that would irritate me as a fan is a 9-7 year in which they miss the playoffs and a top prospect.

Thread Information