Thread: Harrison returning to practice on Monday; Polamalu and Mendenhall on schedule to play vs Eagles

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Harrison returning to practice on Monday; Polamalu and Mendenhall on schedule to play vs Eagles

Ed Bouchette reported this afternoon that James Harrison has returned to practice. The team practice will be the real tell tale sign of how he's progressing in his recovery. If he shows up with swelling again, God only knows when he comes back.

If he can get through a couple practices without any setbacks then maybe his return is this week or next week.

I'm not holding my breath either way.

Troy and Mendy are both looking to play against the Eagles as of now.

If Harrison has one more setback he'll be in IR IMO, which could end his playing days...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    If Harrison has one more setback he'll be in IR IMO, which could end his playing days...
    Depends on how bad the setback is. I could see them stringing him along all season, hoping it gets better and responds rather than IRing him which puts him out for the year.

All you can do is hope he makes a positive impact at some point this season. If he is out long term, I would seriously consider moving Woody to the ROLB spot, which put him on the blind side of the QB (except a lefty). Worilds and Carter are serviceable against the run, but Steelers need a pass rush from the backside in a bad way.

As for Troy and Mendy, Hope they do what they do. Think Mendy shows up big this week - 80+ yards rushing, 1 TD.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    As for Troy and Mendy, Hope they do what they do. Think Mendy shows up big this week - 80+ yards rushing, 1 TD.
    Mendy will probably have a slow start. I say on ESPN today that he himself admitted that his speed and cutting ability are not 100%. I just hope he doesnt have a setback with that knee.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Any word on Hood? He appeared to be injuried vs the Raiders on the chop block. I never heard about his injury status, is he practicing and healthy? Not that I'm happy with his performance this season, but having one more guy out on the D-line isn't going to help anythnig. Ziggy is at least servicable as a rotation player.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Thread Information