Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One word....PRIDE!

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Mellow

One word....PRIDE!

this week comes down to one word...PRIDE! the steelers sit at 1-2 and already at a turning point in this season. a win this week can get this team back on track after losing a horrible game to the lowly raiders. a loss and we could be in serious trouble of making the playoffs, hell we might even be looking at a top 15 draft pick next year.

the steelers have had the bye week to chew on that loss to the raiders...especially the defense. and this is where PRIDE comes in. do the steelers have enough PRIDE on the D side of the ball to get i going. they looked horrible in denver for most of the game. looked good against the jets for most of the game (but the jets suck!!!!), and looked really bad in the second half versus, of all people, carson palmer.

do the coaches have enough PRIDE? the players? we'll have to wait and see. but if they don't have, and show some PRIDE, they this is gonna be a long season.

\
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

The fact that they have had two weeks to chew on the pathetic loos to the Raiders kind of gives me hope that they will respond against the Eagles. But wish in one hand...
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Two words: Sorry Defense.

Three words: No run game.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Rookie Free Agent
    im not so sure how much these guys really care. i know some do. im sure others play hard just to get the fat contract and then into cruise mode

Pride has nothing to do with it. Poor game plans and lousier execution and lack of depth of talent are the culprits.

One word....PRIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    The fact that they have had two weeks to chew on the pathetic loos to the Raiders kind of gives me hope that they will respond against the Eagles. But wish in one hand...
    I used to think this way for years but they'll still come out flat, you can bet on that. Ben will be under attack all game and I have doubts we can stop Vicky and crew.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    the players were running their mouths about redemption for the denver playoff loss and we all know how that turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Two words: Sorry Defense.

Three words: No run game.

Someone gets it

Let's not repent our sins and drain our bank accounts here. . .they're 1-2, not 1-9. Have some faith they will get it right. With all the parity in the league this year, there is a strong possibility that 10-6 might secure a wildcard or better.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Well, I'm down on La Beau. He obviously never has a plan B when plan A fails.

We had no pass rush WITH Harrison before he was hurt. So why should I think a pass rush in going to materialize with a Gimpy Harrison back in the lineup?

And is there going to be magic pixie dust sprinkled on the O-line to magically make know how to run block? Right now, I'm very upset with the prep work this team did in the off-season and camp. And the blame clearly lays at the feet of Colbert and Tomlin.

Colbert for being too stubborn (and clinging to old ways) on adding at least one legit O-lineman in free agency. And Tomlin for not being man enough to tell Le Beau that his ways are too old and stale now.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information