Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Early thoughts on the Eagles game coming up

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Pissedoff
    The Eagles have a tough Sunday night game against the Giants and should
    be ripe for the picking when they travel to the 'Burgh after that and a Steeler bye.
    Steelers 27-17.

Will someone on the O-line come up gimpy? Will the receivers fumble the ball? Will we run strech plays out of the backfield? Right now the scariest team in the NFL is the Steelers. Injuries have prevented us from fielding a real starting line-up. 1-3 would be dreadful.

2nd String
    We always seem a play away and an injury away from greatness. This year especially. The year we won the SB, everything went our way - challenges, health, turnovers, plays, luck, and karma. The last few years all of that has gone against us. This year, so far, seems to be somewhere in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    Will someone on the O-line come up gimpy? Will the receivers fumble the ball? Will we run strech plays out of the backfield? Right now the scariest team in the NFL is the Steelers. Injuries have prevented us from fielding a real starting line-up. 1-3 would be dreadful.

Not sure about luck, but I think the defense will stink in this game (again). Probably Vick will have a field day. I just don't have any confidence in our D.

If you wanna talk about luck, look at the Ravens, they loose many players and they still manage to win games this year, albeit its early in the season...
    "HAIL TO PITT"

We are going to have to keep a spy on Vick, maybe one of our CBs that has good speed can line up at ILB (not like Timmons is doing anything)
    I like big hits and I cannot lie

Glad the Eagles won tonight. Pittsburgh coming off a loss, hungry/desperate with a week to prepare. Philly coming off a late emotional, divisional victory, less desperation. Plus it's in Pittsburgh. I like our chances next weekend. It'll be tough, but I think we pull it off.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I'm thinking that because of the quality of the outside Cornerbacks of the Eagles, Sanders in the slot could be a real weapon. Not saying we totally ignore Brown or Wallace but I like the matchup in the slot a lot.

Maybe...just maybe...Mendenhall coming back will give the O-line and the coaching staff more confidence in trying to run the ball and committing to the run more then what they've been. Subsequently, maybe Mendy coming back will inspire the O-line to focus on their run blocking execution? Okay....maybe I'm reaching. But I'm desperate.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Manic
    If we can keep Ben clean and limit the damage on defense we should win

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I'm thinking that because of the quality of the outside Cornerbacks of the Eagles, Sanders in the slot could be a real weapon. Not saying we totally ignore Brown or Wallace but I like the matchup in the slot a lot.
    I agree, I look for Sanders and Miller to have huge games.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I was thinking Sanders and Miller would have big games against the Jets too, until Revis went out and then it was a free for all.

The Eagles won't be afraid to put NA one on one against Wallace and see how they fair; but if it's anyone other than NA then you'll see some double coverage on Wallace.

We keep saying Sanders is going to break out and have a big game but so far that's just not happening yet, nobody keys on this guy in coverage which is a mistake if we ever can take advantage of it. Maybe this is that week.

Thread Information