Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Early thoughts on the Eagles game coming up

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by muncher View Post
    i'll predict we make vick look like a superstar where he runs and throws at will against us. it will be a high scoring game and only if ben is near perfect do we win.
    Heck the Steelers always made him look like a superstar in the past so this wouldn't surprise me at all. They also Made Tebow look like one in the playoffs.

Yuck, I just got flashbacks of the OT game vs the Falcons, with Bell chasing Vick all over the place.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

The Eagles have one of the top 3 RB's in the league but AR will have Vick throw it 50 times and McCoy get 10 touches. If we get pressure on Vick he'll make huge mistakes. They lost Jason Peters on their line which is huge loss. If we don't pressure Vick he'll still make mistakes but he'll also get the ball to Jackson, Macklin & McCoy who will make some big plays. Their offense can be scarey good at times and a joke at other times.

The only thing that scares me about their D is the pass rush. If we can't run the ball again they will pin it back and probably get to Ben 4 or 5 times.

The Eagles will also be coming off an emotional game this Sunday against their biggest rivalry. I look for the Steelers to win with Ben having a good game and Rainey taking on to the house on a screen pass.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Don't like the match up in this game. They can really get after the QB and with no run game anyone respects, it will be open season on Ben. There cornerbacks are above average.

We can't cover the Raiders receivers, so how do we cover Maclin and Jackson? Doesn't look good.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Early thoughts on the Eagles game coming up

Kill Vick! That's how you stop his WR's..

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I really expect this game to be a shoot out.........I just don't have any confidence in the Steelers D right now.......Hope the OL can protect Ben or it will be a long day.......

My Mood
    Addicted
    At 1-2 and the bye-week will be behind us at that time, this game could very well help determine the season. There is a world of difference between 2-2 and 1-3. Is it too early for this to be a "must win" (factoring in 2 AFC losses already)?

We need a good old fashioned 8 game winning streak!

C-town

My Mood
    Addicted
    On October 8th, either they will say the inconsistent poor schemed defense "is back" or Michael Vick from 2010 "is back"

My Mood
    saints-hater
    I think it will be a hard tough game as well but coming off the bye week and having 2 weeks to prepare for this game and being able to get some key guys back and playing at home I think the Steelers will be able to win this game and get back on track. They really need to win these two games they have coming up here against the Eagles and Titans in a span of 4 days. If they can get to 3-2 going into the Bengals game on the 21st with 10 days to prepare for that one they will be in good shape...

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    At 1-2 and the bye-week will be behind us at that time, this game could very well help determine the season. There is a world of difference between 2-2 and 1-3. Is it too early for this to be a "must win" (factoring in 2 AFC losses already)?

We need a good old fashioned 8 game winning streak!

C-town
    If the Steelers can get these next 2 wins with the Eagles and Titans and get to 3-2 they will be in good shape. The Ravens already played 3 home games and their schedule gets a lot tougher the next 3-4 games. They have to play at KC which is never an easy place to play,they host the Cowboys and then go on the road to Houston the next 3 games. So if the Steelers can take care of business in these next 2-3 games and win them which they definitely can do they will be tied with the Ravens in the loss column with the Ravens only having a game up in the win column because they havent had their bye week yet...

Thread Information