Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Early thoughts on the Eagles game coming up

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Early thoughts on the Eagles game coming up

I'll probably try and catch some of the Eagles game this weekend since I haven't watched them too much this year, other than when they played Baltimore and came back on that game winning drive. Other than that though, Vick has been downright bad at times this year and inconsistent the rest of the time.

LeSean McCoy is having a decent year so far for them, he's their big threat as far as I'm concerened. If our defense can't shut him down it's going to be a long day.

Vick as a passer doesn't scare me at all but if they let him get into a groove, especially with a working ground game to take the pass rush off then it could be trouble. Wait who am I kidding, we don't have a pass rush....

He's got just over 900 yds passing so far but also 6 interceptions to only 3 touchdowns and he's been sacked 9 times, fumbled 3 and lost 1.

Their defense is good but not great. They allow 17 ppg which is very good, and they don't give up many long drives; something the Steelers have been doing all year long on offense. They aren't very opportunistic in terms of splash plays or game changing turnovers though; maybe because they are on the field a lot and have been dealing with short field because of Vick's constant turnovers himself.

What else do you all have?

Our offense will be fine against their defense, if Ben can get any time at all. They have some guys who can rush the passer though. I'm not sure about our defense. Either we'll finally get a couple turnovers or we make it look like Vick is back lol... Idk man.

I'm glad this game is in Pittsburgh. Maybe the defense can get a couple of turnovers from the Eagles, who are quite charitable so far this season. With that said, the Steelers have never beaten a team with Michael Vick at QB, so for all we know, they'll still score some points.

As for the offense, I bet the Eagles won't get to Ben Roethlisberger eight times. I doubt they would have in 2008 either if the Steelers hired Todd Haley instead of Bruce Arians in 2007. Haley has already channeled Roethlisberger better than Arians ever did.

I think the Steelers will win this game, but it'll be tight because of the Vick factor. I see a final score like 27-20 or 27-23.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Should be an easy win, Vick sucks ball sack!

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Should be an easy win, Vick sucks ball sack!
    Then again, we said the same about the Raiders...
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Then again, we said the same about the Raiders...
    I know, dammit it's Friday and I'm just trying end the week on a positive note..

Veteran
    Eagles have 12 TOs in 3 games. If the Steelers don't get a couple, I'm going to be very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Eagles have 12 TOs in 3 games. If the Steelers don't get a couple, I'm going to be very disappointed.
    A few more and Vick will be a back up... He's awful!

Our dee will cure Eagles ills. Our O will bail them out.

Rookie Free Agent
    i'll predict we make vick look like a superstar where he runs and throws at will against us. it will be a high scoring game and only if ben is near perfect do we win.

Thread Information