Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IS STEELER "D" STARTING TO FEEL LIKE THAT OLD CAR?

Bookmark and Share
    And Tomlin keeps waxing and polishing it, I read today he gave the team some days off.. IMO maybe those days off should of been spent running through a few new looks?? But no they'll come out against Vick with the same ole ****!

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    And Tomlin keeps waxing and polishing it, I read today he gave the team some days off.. IMO maybe those days off should of been spent running through a few new looks?? But no they'll come out against Vick with the same ole ****!
    Give the players off and the coaches work 18 hours a day coming up with something different. When the players get back they can learn it easily.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

They don't need to re-invent the wheel, but they just need to disguise some looks and implement a couple new blitzes.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    Give the players off and the coaches work 18 hours a day coming up with something different. When the players get back they can learn it easily.
    Sounds good to me, make it happen Larry! lol

My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by Farrior Fan View Post
    My 2004 Saturn with 143,000 miles runs like new. When I need to fix something I google how to fix it then go to NAPA to get the part. I hope we have the parts some where on the roster, then maybe the coaches can google some Steeler forums for ideas on how to fix this wreck.
    Thanks. I'm looking at getting a '95 Saturn for a "beater"; allegedly gets good gas mileage too.
    STEELSPIKES

My grandma's 87' Buick runs better than this defense.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

IS STEELER "D" STARTING TO FEEL LIKE THAT OLD CAR?

This defense smells like my bicycle seat!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That's probably the best analogy that I've ever heard man! It's a hard pill to swallow realizing that your defense isn't what it once was. Even that #1 rating from last year, as we all know, wasn't indicative of how they really played consistently. Sure there were sparks, like against the Bengals last year with a late game interception but by in large they struggled more than we'd like to admit.

Now the offense has taken over, because of good drafting at the skill positions and great play from guys like Ben and Heath. The front office dumped a ton of money into upgrading the offense but the defense hasn't panned out yet because of injuries and sub par play from the "next man up".

Like I've heard several times and really believe, a Dick Lebeau offense requires super stars pretty much across the board and he just doesn't have the horses right now.

Regarding the defensive line, I'm beginning to believe that the chop-blocking rule was revised specifically to hurt 2-gap defenses, if not ours specifically.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Like I've heard several times and really believe, a Dick Lebeau offense requires super stars pretty much across the board and he just doesn't have the horses right now.
    I've just solved the problem of the Steelers circa 2012. LeBeau should be coaching the defense!!!

Thread Information