Thread: I know the refs suck but.....

Bookmark and Share
    Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny

I know the refs suck but.....

... Jennings cost the packers the game. As a former DB, everyone knows your taught to knock the ball straight down or out of bounds. The only reason for Jennings to catch this ball was for stats. If he does as he has been taught since 7th grade then there would be no controversy. Was it a bad call? YES! But bottom line he put the game in the refs hands. The coaching staff, at least the DC should be livid. 99 out of 100 times that ball goes to the ground. Jennings your a moron, just as much as the refs are. Jennings was two feet higher than anyone else he had the game won, knock the ball away!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Cool
    I agree and disagree, respectfully.

I do agree that the smart play was to knock the ball away and be done with it - go home. But, at the same time, Jenning's isn't a name you hear all of the time for obvious reasons. The kid wanted his pick, and would have gotten it if we were in a season with the regular referees.

Whether or not Jennings screwed up is a moot point, made so by the referees not having the experience or sense to know what they're doing on the field.

So, while I again, agree that Jennings made the selfish play, the fact remains that in the eyes of all who saw it (minus the replacement officials) he DID make the play that should've ended the game.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Every coach will rationalize the efficiency, or lack thereof, as their team not taking care of business earlier. That's what it comes to, if you put the game in the hands of the officials it's a crap shoot now more than ever.

That being said, when those things do happen you want the right call to be made.

Honestly I'd be all for personal foul penalties being reviewable plays. I don't care if it slows down the game, those types of flags are game changers. Besides the game is already longer as it is.

My Mood
    Manic
    I think it's bullshit that Shanahan GOT FINED 25K but Jim Harbaugh did everything but blow the officials got no fine and Belichick grabbed the ref and got nothing yet

Ryan Mundy will recieve a 1 game suspension for his hit on Darius Heyward-Bey that would be my guess

I know the refs suck but.....

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    I think it's bullshit that Shanahan GOT FINED 25K but Jim Harbaugh did everything but blow the officials got no fine and Belichick grabbed the ref and got nothing yet

Ryan Mundy will recieve a 1 game suspension for his hit on Darius Heyward-Bey that would be my guess
    I was thinking the same thing but hoping they suspend Mundy the rest of the season, he sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post

Bill Belichick’s decision to grab an official as he left the field on Sunday night is going to cost him $50,000.

The NFL announced on Wednesday afternoon that Belichick has been fined $50,000 for his actions, which came just after the Ravens had beaten the Patriots 31-30 in a game that had players, coaches and fans of both teams ripping the NFL’s replacement referees.

Belichick’s fine is the hardest any coach has been hit yet for actions toward the officials this season. Broncos coach John Fox was previously fined $30,000, Broncos defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio was fined $25,000 and Redskins offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan was fined $25,000.

Immediately following the game on Sunday, an obviously angry Belichick said he didn’t see any reason he should be fined. A day later, Belichick softened his tone toward the officials, saying he meant no disrespect and just wanted to ask whether the Ravens’ game-winning field goal would be reviewed on instant replay. The NFL’s fine is a statement that no matter the reason, a coach putting his hands on the officials won’t be tolerated.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...bing-official/

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Yet hairball walks free.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Thread Information