Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Too much value placed on Ike Taylor?

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Ike is a good corner. But the scheme is showing his weaknesses. He's definitely lost a step which is why LeBeau had him 10 yards off the receivers constantly.

Secondary is better without Troy which leads to other questions. Move to 43 and Troy as an OLB? Seriously. Not a bad idea. It's basically what he does now anyway. Atleast moving him to that spot would allow us to have another safety rather than forcing Clark to cover the entire field.

Im not saying Ike is top 5 in the league. But he is damn solid, has been for years with us. The thing is you can not expect ANY corner to stay with a receiver for more than 6 seconds or so. The Revis's, Bailey's of the world wouldnt be able to stick with there man for that long. If the front line is not getting pressure and making the QB throw the ball when he should or earlier, it will be a long day for the corners. Thats like Ben for example, when he keeps plays alive after the play is busted, thats how he almost always finds receivers, it is just to hard on the corners. The defense as a whole riht now just is not playing well.

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I agree, it is hard on the corners... but they aren't good as it is either. Can't get around that fact

Quote Originally Posted by MySteelerNation View Post
    Secondary is better without Troy which leads to other questions. Move to 43 and Troy as an OLB? Seriously. Not a bad idea. It's basically what he does now anyway. Atleast moving him to that spot would allow us to have another safety rather than forcing Clark to cover the entire field.
    It is basicially what he does now, but there are two other 240lb men in the middle as well to soak up blocks. When he blitzes the edge he relies on the DE or OLB to soak up the block there too as well.

I think Troy as an OLB in a 4-3 would be pretty ineffective, plus he would be hurt after one game.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Too much value placed on Ike Taylor?

Gang I've got bad news, Troy will never be what he used to, he's a china doll!! Lets move on a bit, we need a solid pass rush, see Seahawks defense! That used to be us, now after **** poor drafting and age we are stuck in a rut!
    Last edited by LatrobePA; 09-25-2012 at 11:38 AM.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Gang I've got bad news, Troy will never be what he used to, he's a china doll!! Lets move on a bit, we need a solid pass rush, see Seahawks defense! That used to be us, now after **** poor drafting and age we are stuck in a rut!
    Agreed my friend. it is pretty pathetic how quickly age has caught up to these guys. They haven't drafted a STARTER on defense in 5/6 years(exception of Woodley and Timmons, and they were both in the same draft)... correct me if I'm wrong. Im not counting Hood or Heyward yet because they arent consistent starters.

Troy needs to call it quits. China doll he definitely is. No ball hawking skill at all. Need someone that QB's are afraid to even bother going deep on. Its very easy to phase Troy out of a game nowadays. Once he cheats up, he leaves Clark to defend the entire back quarter of the field.

Quote Originally Posted by MySteelerNation View Post
    Agreed my friend. it is pretty pathetic how quickly age has caught up to these guys.
    Hmmmm..interesting that now the Steeler fans are agreeing with Warren Sapp.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    Not disagreeing with him at this point. But I find it shocking how QUICKLY the age caught up with them. They look slow, out of position, cant tackle... not sure what is going on in Pittsburgh

Too much value placed on Ike Taylor?

Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    Lol sometimes the truth hurts. Look what the Giants did last year, they got healthy and made a run. We have plenty of time for that.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Oh my god have any of you ever watched Ike Taylor play? He's one of the most valuable players on our defense right now. One of the best corners in the league IMO. Continually shuts down wide receivers. You're crazy if you think we could do without him.
    except when in Denver...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Thread Information