Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Take: The 2012 Pittsburgh Steelers

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Too many times when you question a coach you are deemed to not be a real fan and you suck, blah blah blah. I've given guys like Kugler the benefit of the doubt because I know injuries happen but I refuse to believe that every year it's just bad luck or coincidence that we always get hurt.

Maybe too it's another area where the evaluation process of these players needs overhauled, some being more prone to certain types of injuries but the Steelers taking them anyway.

As far as missing Will Gay, or secondary stunk last year and the year before that, it stinks this year too so I don't miss him one bit.

Steeldad said it on the podcast last night, Dick Lebeau's defense requires super stars at key positions all across the field. When you don't have that, with perfect execution you become nothing more than an average defense. We don't have super stars on this team right now other than the ones who are getting older and clearly missing a step here and there.

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I was thinking about that too in regards the offensive line. How is it that EVERY year these guys all get hurt?

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSteelerFan View Post
    And there you have it folks. It's a grab-bag **** sandwich on defense and we all have to take a bite. I won't even go into the top round draft picks that we squandered over the past few years like Limas Sweed, Keith Urbick, Thaddeus Gibson, Tone Holmes, Bruce Davis, Anthony Smith, or Willie Reid.
    Keith or Kraig Urbik or whatever his name is... he's actually a pretty decent lineman now in Buffalo.

Rookie Free Agent JoeSteelerFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cynical

My Social Networks

Follow JoeSteelerFan On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Steeldad said it on the podcast last night, Dick Lebeau's defense requires super stars at key positions all across the field. When you don't have that, with perfect execution you become nothing more than an average defense. We don't have super stars on this team right now other than the ones who are getting older and clearly missing a step here and there.
    He's right. A 34 defense not only requires superior athletes, it requires a a higher than average football IQ to understand the coverages. You all hit on something on the podcast that I too believe is absent in this team and has been for quite some time now ...

ATTITUDE

A smashmouth physical attitude that Pittsburgh teams are known for that tells the other team, "I came here today to knock your effing teeth out ... and when I'm done doing that, I'm going to drag you up and down this field until you call me daddy."
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoeSteelerFan

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSteelerFan View Post
    He's right. A 34 defense not only requires superior athletes, it requires a a higher than average football IQ to understand the coverages. You all hit on something on the podcast that I too believe is absent in this team and has been for quite some time now ...

ATTITUDE

A smashmouth physical attitude that Pittsburgh teams are known for that tells the other team, "I came here today to knock your effing teeth out ... and when I'm done doing that, I'm going to drag you up and down this field until you call me daddy."
    Joe, hate to say it, but that attitude is LONG GONE. These guys are more concerned with their dance moves, stomping dirt, pointing the ball after a first down, celebrating like you won the super bowl after a routine tackle... this isnt the Levon Kirkland, Greg Lloyd, Darren Perry Pittsburgh Steelers anymore. And it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by MySteelerNation View Post
    Joe, hate to say it, but that attitude is LONG GONE. These guys are more concerned with their dance moves, stomping dirt, pointing the ball after a first down, celebrating like you won the super bowl after a routine tackle...
    That's today's athletes in general, Ii agree it sucks.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Draft Pick
    If they keep insisting on playing Keisel and Hampton ALL GAME LONG, then the phrase "old and slow" is more than valid. Watching Hamptom move is like watching the fat lady at the circus trying to play musical chairs. Keisel was a backup most of his career and now he's just too old. I'll second the thought of "why wasn't McClendon or Heyward" on the field. When you watch other teams play after watching the Steeeler game you are immediately struck by the lack of speed on the defensive end. Seattle and G.B. both played multiple rookies last night and they were flying all ove the field.

I thought it was just the starters being out and some bad turnovers because we should have won that game- even with Troy and JH out.
    1-2 is totally disappointing, especially when your two losses come against Denver and Oakland.

Maybe they are NOT who we thought they were.

Thread Information