Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big Ben calling plays not even in the playbook

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    It didn't work on your last drive Ben.
    Really another shot at Ben?......give me a break...I guess Ben has to go out there and play defense now to?..........31 points should have been plenty to be a very bad Raiders team yesterday.......

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Really another shot at Ben?......give me a break...I guess Ben has to go out there and play defense now to?..........31 points should have been plenty to be a very bad Raiders team yesterday.......
    Of course 31 points should be enough to beat the Raiders. Hell it should be enough to beat any team. But the fact remains that no matter how good of a game he had he didn't do enough to win. If he didn't open his mouth there would be far less shots taken at him. There's been plenty of games that the defense has covered his *** over the years by holding teams to 17 points or so and losing.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

People saying he should've kept his mouth shut haven't actually watched the video. He didn't say it as a slight to Haley... Jesus. Let's blow everything completely out of proportion after a bad loss.

Do you have a link to it?
    -Wayne Dyer

Do you have a link to it?
    http://www.steelers.com/video-and-au...2-2cfdf33d00e8

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    People saying he should've kept his mouth shut haven't actually watched the video. He didn't say it as a slight to Haley... .
    You are right thanks for pointing that out to me. He said all the right things. I should know better than to take one quote from an article.
    -Wayne Dyer

You are right thanks for pointing that out to me. He said all the right things. I should know better than to take one quote from an article.
    I've been guilty of it too lol. But that's a trend after a loss. People tend to take every little thing done and said and find every possible angle and blow things out of proportion.

My Mood
    Mad
    Of course 31 points should be enough to beat the Raiders. Hell it should be enough to beat any team. But the fact remains that no matter how good of a game he had he didn't do enough to win. If he didn't open his mouth there would be far less shots taken at him. There's been plenty of games that the defense has covered his *** over the years by holding teams to 17 points or so and losing.
    Yea I know you rather have bitch boy Drew Brees who would last all of three games behind the Steelers **** poor OL or current NFL poster boy Aaron Rodgers........

As for Ben not doing enough to win yesterday....lol yea ok....What more did you want from him yesterday?.......lol Why don't you knock AB for really giving the game away yesterday with trying to do to much and coughing up the ball.....But yea Ben didn't do enough.......lol

Ben is playing his best football so far in three games......tied for first in TD passes, tied for 4th in passing yards, top 7 in completion percentage..........all of this still behind an OL still in flux due to injuries this year..........the defense is to blame for this 1-2 start and not the QB.......

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Re: Big Ben calling plays not even in the playbook

I call plays every week that aren't in the playbook. LOL, maybe I need to have a talk with Haley.

- From BRC's Bionic of Awesomeness

My Mood
    Mad
    I swear this fanbase doesn't deserve a QB like Ben....His play in three play-off games before Super Bowl XL were huge in the Steelers reaching the Super Bowl as the 6th seed.....In 2008 after the Texans messed Ben's shoulder up early in the year and really you could tell Ben didn't have much velocity on his throws that entire season but Ben plays week in and week out.....Finally Ben is close to 100% in the postseason that same year and Ben bails out the defense after they blew a 10 point lead in Super Bowl XLIII.....Ben has helped this team win a ton of games and was a factor in the Steelers two Super Bowl wins...Yea he was lousy in XL but his play in those three play-off games before the Super Bowl was huge in the Steelers reaching the Super Bowl in the first place........Still some fans knock him left and right......just ridiculous......

Thread Information