Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What the heck happened to Lawrence Timmons?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The blitzes are not only being telegraphed way too early but they are the same blitzes we've always run and teams are just basically figuring them out.

Factor in Troy who's cheating up to the line and QB's are aware and then change the play and it makes it even harder. Then on top of that you have Timmons who's already 7 yds or so off the line and then he's dropping back 20 yds in coverage. A guy with that type of talent always dropping back and outside linebackers who can't there. It's a waterfall of failure right now.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Dick must go. There's no two ways about it. He's a dinosaur.
    he wasnt a dino last year when he played press coverage against marsha brady, and they defense had a great game....

we are only playing with 3 LBs....timmons, woodley, and foote. Worilds doesnt count

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by FlatsSteeler View Post
    POOR Defense Scheme......DLB must go.....Steelers need to go to a Base 4-3 - 4-2-5 with the talent we now have and the way the new NFL is played.....
    AMEN brother! 43 or 425 defensive scheme would be great right now, and we could make it work with the personnel we have... it would mean that we have to "hurt" some of the guys feelings and bench their asses (im talking to you Hampton, Keisel, Foote)

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by teeceemadison View Post
    he wasnt a dino last year when he played press coverage against marsha brady, and they defense had a great game....
    He's been a dinosaur for almost 5 years now. The defense will show up, have 1 or 2 outstanding games, play mediocre against the Brownies and Bengals and we get 1st overall defense statistically. Its PATHETIC. This defense is not anywhere near what it used to be. Harrison and Troy cannot help this defense. IMO Troy coming back may be worse because he plays such a freestyle position, its going to expose our defensive secondary even more. A 110% healthy Polamalu in his prime would get away with playing like he does, but now he's lost a step and cannot have the same impact.

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    The blitzes are not only being telegraphed way too early but they are the same blitzes we've always run and teams are just basically figuring them out.

Factor in Troy who's cheating up to the line and QB's are aware and then change the play and it makes it even harder. Then on top of that you have Timmons who's already 7 yds or so off the line and then he's dropping back 20 yds in coverage. A guy with that type of talent always dropping back and outside linebackers who can't there. It's a waterfall of failure right now.
    Troy's antics are old and will not work anymore. A guy like Ed Reed (a pure ballhawk) is what we need from our safties. Troy's play puts a lot of pressure on the POOR DL and the POOR DB's... and now that the linebackers arent playing like they should, its turning into a nightmare.

its laughable some people think a 43 is jsut a way to solve the defensive problems.

i think they need harrison and troy more than we all thought, everyone should stop being so dramatic...its better to struggle now (even though ben is dazzling the world) and fix problems as the season progresses rather than start hot and fall off at the end like they did last year

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    its laughable some people think a 43 is jsut a way to solve the defensive problems.

i think they need harrison and troy more than we all thought, everyone should stop being so dramatic...its better to struggle now (even though ben is dazzling the world) and fix problems as the season progresses rather than start hot and fall off at the end like they did last year
    This...

My Mood
    Fight

What the heck happened to Lawrence Timmons?

What I said in another thread, I'll leave my thoughts after a week or two of getting everyone back, we haven't had atleast two main starters every game and I offense is starting to get better so if the D starts clicking watch out
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

Not a matter of Dick must go, but Dick must start adjusting his schemes. Players around the league will freely say how we are doing the same things in defense today we did 7 years ago.

Thread Information