Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What the heck happened to Lawrence Timmons?

Bookmark and Share

What the heck happened to Lawrence Timmons?

The guy has been a no show except for that huge hit he put on Sanchez last week, but anything else. it seems we are only playing with 3 linebackers. Sorry for the rant.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Re: What the heck happened to Lawrence Timmons?

We were all ranting last night. Probably still will be today. Timmons is just like the rest of this defense right now. They aren't as good as they used to be mainly in that they can't close out games.

Both he and Foote had problems getting off blocks all day in Oakland.

- From BRC's Bionic of Awesomeness

Timmons looks slow. Defense in general stinks so far, and it's not just because Harrison and Troy are out.

My Mood
    Grumpy
    POOR Defense Scheme......DLB must go.....Steelers need to go to a Base 4-3 - 4-2-5 with the talent we now have and the way the new NFL is played.....

What happened to Woodley? Timmons IMO has been bad but wood just doesn't offer anything at times.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    What happened to Woodley? Timmons IMO has been bad but wood just doesn't offer anything at times.
    I agree Woodley has been as non-existent as anybody this Season but I blame it on the Coaching and the Scheme DLB uses....

I don't understand the hate on Woodley at all... When the man was allowed to rush he was getting some serious pressure. Not to mention he had a couple very nice tackles for loss in the run game. Just because he doesnt get 3 sacks doesn't mean be isnt playing well... Seriously, watch that game again... There were probably 5-6 instances where Woodley was half a step from sacking Palmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    I don't understand the hate on Woodley at all... When the man was allowed to rush he was getting some serious pressure. Not to mention he had a couple very nice tackles for loss in the run game. Just because he doesnt get 3 sacks doesn't mean be isnt playing well... Seriously, watch that game again... There were probably 5-6 instances where Woodley was half a step from sacking Palmer.
    I'm not hating on wood personally but what the hell are they doing with him? We had NO pass rush at all and played 10-12 yards off just begging to be picked apart! Honestly as a fan it gets old, I was screaming at the tv to press!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Ya and I was 3 numbers off from winning the Lottery Saturday night.....I watched the game again and still saw the same things......The Defense Stunk......I am not blaming Woodley but he has basically been non-existent all season as well as Timmons......I paid close attention to Timmons and Foote yesterday the way they were Schemed they were both lost in limbo the entire 2nd half.....FACT Raiders adjusted at halftime......Steelers(DLB) same old stuff.....D gets beat again in the 4th QTR.......this has been a recuring theme the past 3 seasons......

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Dick must go. There's no two ways about it. He's a dinosaur.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information