Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: redman fans

Bookmark and Share
    The brown fumble, BIG, the Dwyer fumble, BIG, the defense not adjusting and allowing Palmer to march right down the field for the winning score - WINNER! This game was on the defense, bottom line.

redman fans

Besides Mendy we do not have a starting RB on this roster. Not even close, there were some out there too!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Besides Mendy we do not have a starting RB on this roster. Not even close, there were some out there too!
    Michael Bush
    Ben Jarvus Green Ellis
    Cedric Benson
    Joseph Addai

I'd take any of those guys over Dwyer... BUT, behind this offensive line, Barry Sanders and Sweetness wouldnt pick up much either.

redman fans

Quote Originally Posted by MySteelerNation View Post
    Michael Bush
    Ben Jarvus Green Ellis
    Cedric Benson
    Joseph Addai

I'd take any of those guys over Dwyer... BUT, behind this offensive line, Barry Sanders and Sweetness wouldnt pick up much either.
    Ced Benson had Steeler written all over him IMO! We blew it not signing him!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

I myself have always been a Redman supporter.. still am. He has tons of value as a change of pace guy. Any way you look at it, he is no Jerome Bettis. Guys that would have fit the scheme perfectly: Michael Bush, Cedric Benson, Ben-Jarvus Green Ellis....

Mendenhall is not the answer either. Fast, but not fast enough. Elusive, but not elusive enough. Doesnt run HARD, goes east/west too much. Not a great receiver out of the backfield.
    How are you going to say that Mendenhall isn't the answer because he isn't fast enough or elusive enough but also say that Bush, Benson, or Green Ellis would be perfect? Mendenhall is faster and more elusive than any of the players you mentioned lol. And saying that he's "not a great receiver out of the backfield" is completely laughable. Just because the man was never utilized the right way under Arians' system and barely ever asked to be a receiver, doesn't mean he can't do it. He's most definitely shown the ability to be a very good reliever out of the backfield and I honestly don't see how that can be disputed.

My Mood
    Fight

redman fans

Michael Bush
    Ben Jarvus Green Ellis
    Cedric Benson
    Joseph Addai

All those RB's are trash as running except maybe Bush.

All problems will be solved when Rushard "to the sidelines" Mendenhall gets back. Get real people
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

Draft Pick
    Michael Bush
    Ben Jarvus Green Ellis
    Cedric Benson
    Joseph Addai

Don't forget Brandon Jacobs was out there in the free agent market for a while before the 49ers eventually picked him up. While the offensive line isn't great, Redman and Dwyer look hesitant at times. The front office should have picked up some more pedigree at the position over the offseason.

My Mood
    Cool
    I'm not really sure why some folks thought that he was going to somehow turn into a mauler in the backfield this year. Why? Because he had a great play against the Ravens a few years ago where he pulled half of their defense into the endzone with him? lmao.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I don't care if Moses was running the ball, the O-line isn't getting it done. So it doesn't matter.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Just putting this out there. Could you imagine the one two combo of Mendenhall and Benson if both were healthy and Benson was on the Steelers. Well should I say could you imagine that combo if we had a semi decent line at the moment. Talking abut running clock lol. Only if it was true.

Thread Information