Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: redman fans

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    There's the double standard though. People have been bashing Mendenhall for his lack of production (which makes no sense since he's produced every year since becoming the starter), and saying how much better Redman is... While all us "Mendenhall apologists" get told off when we say how ****** the line is, and he isn't solely to blame. So when Mendenhall struggled, it was on him. Now that Redman is struggling, it's the line...

It is music to my ears though hearing everyone finally hopping off the Redman bandwagon. 'bout time...
    Yea, I was a Mendy basher, but I didnt put all the blame on him. Oline has issues as well. Lets hope Mendy can be back soon, hopefully after the bye.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I don't think Redman is the greatess either, But it's the O-line before you blame ANY runningback. The O-line is soft. Period.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

a WHOLE lot of backpeddaling coming from the redman supporters, but also a whole lot of blame on the oline which was never an issue for the mighty bruising redman before when it was for mendenhall so why would it be now?????? first it was "Mendenhall dances and spins too much, redman needs a chance to shine, no one runs as hard as redman" and now its "Redman is tiptoeing but hes needs helpt from his line".

i said with redman they would be a bottom 5 rushing team, i thought i was being dramatic....bottom 2 lol, one of those times it sucks to be right.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    a WHOLE lot of backpeddaling coming from the redman supporters, but also a whole lot of blame on the oline which was never an issue for the mighty bruising redman before when it was for mendenhall so why would it be now?????? first it was "Mendenhall dances and spins too much, redman needs a chance to shine, no one runs as hard as redman" and now its "Redman is tiptoeing but hes needs helpt from his line".

i said with redman they would be a bottom 5 rushing team, i thought i was being dramatic....bottom 2 lol, one of those times it sucks to be right.
    I had a feeling you'd say something like that..

i had a feeling there would be a lot of saying "i always knew redman was a situational back"...or something along those lines

or maybe my favorite "i never said wallace was expendable"

redman fans

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i had a feeling there would be a lot of saying "i always knew redman was a situational back"...or something along those lines

or maybe my favorite "i never said wallace was expendable"
    You love it!

Combination of two things. 1. The Oline is just not that good. 2. To many slow developing draw plays to the rbs. Mendy will help some since he is a little faster but if they really want to have a running game they need to just hand off right away to the rb. As I said in another thread I'm not worried about a running game as long as they put up 30 points a game. These short passes In Hailey's playbook makes up for not having a running game and works for other teams such as the Pats and etc.

And for those saying we need a running game to run out the clock bs and if your defense gives up more then 30 points a game there lies the problem.

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I myself have always been a Redman supporter.. still am. He has tons of value as a change of pace guy. Any way you look at it, he is no Jerome Bettis. Guys that would have fit the scheme perfectly: Michael Bush, Cedric Benson, Ben-Jarvus Green Ellis....

Mendenhall is not the answer either. Fast, but not fast enough. Elusive, but not elusive enough. Doesnt run HARD, goes east/west too much. Not a great receiver out of the backfield.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    When the choice is between Redman &Dwyer i'm still a redman fan . All you dwyer fans can have his 3 carries for -1 yrd and fumble . Keep telling me how much better dwyer is.

How can anyone blame a running back for this loss ? We held the ball gor 36 min. Scored 31 points and the pathetic Raiders beat us. Take another stab in the blame game , you're not even close on this one.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    When the choice is between Redman &Dwyer i'm still a redman fan . All you dwyer fans can have his 3 carries for -1 yrd and fumble . Keep telling me how much better dwyer is.

How can anyone blame a running back for this loss ? We held the ball gor 36 min. Scored 31 points and the pathetic Raiders beat us. Take another stab in the blame game , you're not even close on this one.
    This one is clearly on the defense. No doubt about that. Anyone that thinks otherwise is crazy

Thread Information