Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What exactly does Tomlin bring to the team?

Bookmark and Share

What exactly does Tomlin bring to the team?

He acknowledges and accepts the loss!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Nope. We loss to a team we should've beat. That one game obviously trumps the last 5 years of, mostly, success. Tomlin could coach this team for another 20 years and after a bad loss fans would still say its Cowher's team.
    Those first round losses to Jacksonville and Tebow were very successful. So was that year we didn't make the playoffs. And this team will definitely belong to Tomlin in only five years or so when Roethlisberger and the rest of Cowher's draft picks are long gone. I would really enjoy watching Tomlin coach this team without Roethlisberger. We would have a top 5 pick for at least five straight years.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Those first round losses to Jacksonville and Tebow were very successful. So was that year we didn't make the playoffs. And this team will definitely belong to Tomlin in only five years or so when Roethlisberger and the rest of Cowher's draft picks are long gone. I would really enjoy watching Tomlin coach this team without Roethlisberger. We would have a top 5 pick for at least five straight years.
    Hahahahaha you're silly. I can't even respond it's too silly.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Ok, now that I've gotten all the laughs out. I do recall a 3 year period when Bill Cowher didn't coach a playoff team. Were you saying that Cowher didn't bring anything to the team then? Cause you're saying it about Tomlin after one game. Seems a little hasty to me.

For the record, Chuck Noll had some pretty terrible seasons too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Ok, now that I've gotten all the laughs out. I do recall a 3 year period when Bill Cowher didn't coach a playoff team. Were you saying that Cowher didn't bring anything to the team then? Cause you're saying it about Tomlin after one game. Seems a little hasty to me.

For the record, Chuck Noll had some pretty terrible seasons too.
    Oh yeah, I recall those years. Do you happen to recall who his quarterbacks were and what their career QB ratings were?

For the record, I've thought Tomlin has been a disaster since day one, not just because of this loss. My post history would attest to that fact.

Whtat we are seeing now is

Tomlins draft picks not panning out
    1. Ziggy Hood
    2. Lawrence I got my big contract Timmons
    3. Sylvester
    4. Worilds

We needed these guys to step up but it seems like it is not possible, atleast up until this point.

The other issue, not giving the rookie's reps. Now how can Taamu be any worse than hampton is right now? Im not saying he will tear all the opposing offenses lines apart, but give him about 5-7 snaps a game. Lets face it, Troy and Harrison are not getting any younger at all, they are aging quickly, well atleast troy seems to be.

The deer in the headlights look on the sideline. I saw today Tomlin looking at Charlie Batch's wristband with the plays on it. Really Tomlin? You shouldnt need to look at that for help.

I will say Tomlin has done a decent job trying to atleast make the front 5 better for Ben, as of now we havent had much luck keeping the guys healthy. My question is, how comes our line has not made any sort of improvement over the past 5 years? Why isnt some of the blame being put on Butler? He was suppose to be a guru of linemen, but it seems that he is not doing the job here.

It seems Tomlin can draft guys for the offense, not so much defense.

orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Tomlin brought this team to 2 superbowls in his first 4 years. Teams can have bad days or even bad seasons under good head coaches. Not everything is his fault.
    Your right! Relax people were 1-2 the season is still young, if harrison and troy was in i think we win the game

orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Whtat we are seeing now is

Tomlins draft picks not panning out
    1. Ziggy Hood
    2. Lawrence I got my big contract Timmons
    3. Sylvester
    4. Worilds

We needed these guys to step up but it seems like it is not possible, atleast up until this point.

The other issue, not giving the rookie's reps. Now how can Taamu be any worse than hampton is right now? Im not saying he will tear all the opposing offenses lines apart, but give him about 5-7 snaps a game. Lets face it, Troy and Harrison are not getting any younger at all, they are aging quickly, well atleast troy seems to be.

The deer in the headlights look on the sideline. I saw today Tomlin looking at Charlie Batch's wristband with the plays on it. Really Tomlin? You shouldnt need to look at that for help.

I will say Tomlin has done a decent job trying to atleast make the front 5 better for Ben, as of now we havent had much luck keeping the guys healthy. My question is, how comes our line has not made any sort of improvement over the past 5 years? Why isnt some of the blame being put on Butler? He was suppose to be a guru of linemen, but it seems that he is not doing the job here.

It seems Tomlin can draft guys for the offense, not so much defense.
    Last time I checked Tomlin wasn't the only guy drafting, all the other coaches have a say and so does Kevin Colbert. As for him looking at Batch's wristband who knows what he was doing, im sure he wasnt looking at it to call a play. Plus dosent Haley call the plays for the O. The way some of ya are acting, is like were only gonna win 1 game. Relax it's the steelers, yes im mad, pissed off i was like yelling like all of you and it sucks right now. Thinking of stuff in our head like if we would of done this or that, or who to blame. But come on WERE NOT CLEVELAND FANS!!, no need to trash the team or say tomlin is no good. Don't need to start acting like Browns fans, i get were not use to losing like this and it sucks when we do, But we got this and yinz know we do!!

Quote Originally Posted by mcfly06 View Post
    Your right! Relax people were 1-2 the season is still young, if harrison and troy was in i think we win the game
    But we shouldn't have to depend on James Harrison and/or Troy Polamalu to be healthy in order for the defense to look any good.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Quote Originally Posted by mcfly06 View Post
    Last time I checked Tomlin wasn't the only guy drafting, all the other coaches have a say and so does Kevin Colbert. As for him looking at Batch's wristband who knows what he was doing, im sure he wasnt looking at it to call a play. Plus dosent Haley call the plays for the O. The way some of ya are acting, is like were only gonna win 1 game. Relax it's the steelers, yes im mad, pissed off i was like yelling like all of you and it sucks right now. Thinking of stuff in our head like if we would of done this or that, or who to blame. But come on WERE NOT CLEVELAND FANS!!, no need to trash the team or say tomlin is no good. Don't need to start acting like Browns fans, i get were not use to losing like this and it sucks when we do, But we got this and yinz know we do!!
    We are acting like this because we know this team is not playing to the capability as it should. The Steelers are held to 10x's the standard than of the Browns. Last time I checked also, Tomlin gets all the credit, he should get all the **** to. Just my 2 cents. Like I said, he can draft good offensive players, but his defensive draft picks have not been impressive lately. I have never really been a Tomlin fan but I do support him being that he is the coach of the Steelers, I have seen to much of Cowher and just wish we could have a firey guy on the sideline. I know it wont happen but still. His time management is horrid in the last two minutes of the game, not saying the Oakland game but from years past. DL and him got outcoached by a first year HC in Oakland and his staff, this is a game we should have won. Yes you can say, well any given team can win on any sunday, but this should have been a win. With baltimore looking good and Cinci making strides with imporvement, this is not a division where we can go 10-6 and win it. I am worried, not saying this is it for the season. We have to improve drastically. Also if the NFL had a stat for defense, the steelers would lead in this category.

After the offense scores, the opposing teams next drive goes right down the field and get points. Happens everytime with us, 2 out of 3 games so far. Not a good thing. The defense should be fired up after the offense scores to maybe force a punt the next opponet drive, not give up 3 or 7 points. Its called taking the monetum. For some reason it seems that we get laxed, that falls on the players and the coaching staff, DL Tomlin included.

Thread Information