Thread: Steelers Fail First Crucial Test of 2012 Season

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Doubtful

Steelers Fail First Crucial Test of 2012 Season

No doubt starting a season with two western road games is a tough way to start. A realistic goal was to enter the bye 2-1. Failing to meet that test means the first two game after the bye become must wins...before facing the Bengals one month from tonight.
    Actually, the early bye may be a good thing this year. Defense definitely needs some shoring up. I hope no one is panicking. Eagles @ home and Titans away are both winnable games.
    But we need to meet the Bengals being 3-2. Anything else could spell disaster, because the Bengals at home on Sun. night will be tough. That will be the Steelers' Second Crucial Test of the Season, provided they can rebound in the interim.
    STEELSPIKES

Steelers Fail First Crucial Test of 2012 Season

500 team at best!

My Mood
    Cool
    Chris Johnson's finally going to have a decent game when he plays us, at least my fantasy team will be happy...

My Mood
    Patriotic
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomenal TJ View Post
    Chris Johnson's finally going to have a decent game when he plays us, at least my fantasy team will be happy...
    Whoever has Ray Rice on their fantasy team will be licking their chops when the Ravens play the Steelers. Ray is going to carve up the Steelers defense like a Christmas turkey.

My Mood
    Clowns
    There are many tests to come, not the least of which will be crawling out of this hole no matter who is above us. If we're lucky the Pats can beat the Ravens tonight but we have bigger issues. Losing 2 AFC games to start the year is bad sign. I don't expect the Raiders to make the playoffs but losing conference games is bad regardless.

My Mood
    colts-hater
    Yep conference losses are killers when it comes down to tiebrakers at the end of the season in terms of making the playoffs or getting in over another team or fighting for a bye week or seeding. As I mentioned in the other thread the Bengals are 2-1 right now and before they plays us on Oct 21st their next 3 games are against Jacksonville,Miami,and Cleveland. So they could easily be 5-1 or 4-2 at the very worst. Same with the Ravens as well who have both the Browns and Chiefs the next 2 weeks. So while there is a ton of football left to be played 13 games and still 2 games each with both the Ravens and Bengals the Steelers really really need to win these next 2 games against the Eagles and the Titans as you said and go into the Bengals game 3-2. The Ravens play Dallas and at Houston back to back weeks in mid to late October so the Steelers can get back into this things if they can take care of their own business but they MUST start doing so after the bye week or they are going to be in huge huge trouble moving forward here...

Thread Information