Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone actually surprised by this?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    colts-hater
    Mike Tomlin continually says the samething time after time when the Steelers lose pretty much just like he did tonight. Tomlin is the head man of this football team and he has to take responsibility for the penalties and the lack of discipline and everything that comes along with that. Tomlin will be tested this season early on in the year to right this ship and get things corrected in a hurry. Two out of the last three seasons there have been no playoffs and a first round exit in the playoffs. Tomlin has to make sure right now that neither of those things is on it's way to happening this season. This early bye week as much as I hate it and a lot of other people hate it might be coming at the right time after this loss and the defensive problems and the injuries to Harrison and Troy. The Steelers need them back on Defense desperately...

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    All of a sudden, Carson Palmer is a freaking superstar in he second half? Where was the pass rush in the second half??
    Once again... Steelers didnt make gametime adjustments. I thought we got over that when BA left. But were doing it on defense more often now too.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Patriotic
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeed View Post
    Let's all chill. Our D is way too soft, we all know that. It could be an execution problem, not a scheme problem. However, I agree, there does need to be some adjustment. I am convinced that Raiders performance was an anomaly. Minus the fumble, we win. That was a fluke.
    You can't execute the scheme if you don't have the right athletic players in the right positions. I can go down the list of players on the defense that are close to being over the hill, over the hill, or shouldn't even be on the first string playing but I just don't have the energy.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    I'm so glad Timmons received that contract extension...Last year the excuse for him was well he was being moved from OLB to ILB but this year he is in his normal ILB position and Timmons hasn't done anything besides ring Dirty Sanchez's bell......Timmons is really average at best........I love Woodley but really he isn't earning his pay check right now either but at least he does have a couple sacks.....The DL is average at best.....Unless James Harrison can stay healthy and find the fountain of youth this defense won't have any consistent pass rush all season......
    i respectfully disagree... Its hard for Timmons to do what he does best when the DL isnt taking up space/blockers. Timmons would be more effective if Ziggy and Hampton werent laying on their backs every other play...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Hey the ravens gettin it handed to them.

And their fans.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    i respectfully disagree... Its hard for Timmons to do what he does best when the DL isnt taking up space/blockers. Timmons would be more effective if Ziggy and Hampton werent laying on their backs every other play...
    Has Timmons done anything in coverage? I have seen whiff on some sacks this year.........Just saying for a player being paid the money he is getting paid he better make some plays from time to time....He hasn't so yea I agree the Steelers DL is a joke and this current DL is the worst Steelers DL probably going back to Noll's last years........But still some of the blame is warranted on players like Timmons or Woodley.......

Yes, I am shocked. We played pretty well in the first half but let them hang around. In the 2nd half the TO by AB seemed to let all the air out of Steeler Nation. We never got it back and the Raiders played like the better team. I expect a MUCH better performance vs the Eagles coming out of a bye week. If we lose then I'm afraid we are in for a loooooong season.
    I like big hits and I cannot lie

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Okay, it was the Raiders. It was an ugly, embarrassing, ridiculous loss to a terrible team. But this is (unfortunately) what the Steelers do best. Play down to terrible teams. They've done it for as long as I can remember, which, granted, isn't a very long time in the grand scheme of things, but you get the picture. This trend for the Steelers probably won't be very good for us this season as we play a lot of ****** teams. But really, was anyone surprised that we played terribly today?
    not surprised

despite the turnovers and mistakes... Dick Lebeau has proven beyond the shadow of a doubt, that he knows how to lose a football game on late drives in the 4th quarter/overtime

the minute the raiders fielded the late 4th quarter punt cleanly, the game was effectively over.

any honest fan, knew it

Draft Pick
    a little like a 2009 feel to this one..Ben airing it out with D giving up to Bad QB's

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Too many penalties,real bad fumble by Brown,D playing like a AARP squad with no
    pressure and cover abilties,O looked pretty solid overall passing wise,running laughable.
    Ruined a great day by Big Ben. Should have won this,these games are tough to swallow.
    I could go on and on but.... it's over,rest up,get healthier and kick some *** after the bye.

Thread Information